FINNLAND: the 1901/03russian designs finish values set!

Old July 12th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Default FINNLAND: the 1901/03russian designs finish values set!

Hi!!

I have just bought a nice set of Finnish stamps 1901/03 Russian design
with Finnish value 2, 5, 10, 20 penni 1, 10 Mark and I try to find if
the stamps are from first or second tempory issue or first or second
letterpress issue!! I have FACIT 2008 (and naturally Yvert but it
doesn't help me because it doesn't give all those details) but I don't
understand all what they write and I find they don't give enough
pictures!!

I have no more friend in this country to ask now more informations, the
last one stopped to collect stamps end of last year!!

Have some one more informations about this issue, on the Net or with
scans of other catalog or books? I understand also German but not the
Finnish language (I am sorry)!

Have a nice week end, hope better then in France where it is raining on
most part of the country!

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

Old July 12th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

In a few hours I leave for a vacation, and I don't have
time right now to prepare a decent answer. I also won't
have newsgroup access while I'm gone.

If you don't get an answer in the next 10 days or so,
send me an email. (Hint: go to my web site and use the
address given there.)

One place where you could search for information is
http://www.scc-online.org/Finnish%20Philatelist/IssueIndex.html.

Since you read German, have you tried Michel?

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Old July 12th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Après mûre réflexion, Jay T. Carrigan a écrit :
In a few hours I leave for a vacation, and I don't have
time right now to prepare a decent answer. I also won't
have newsgroup access while I'm gone.

If you don't get an answer in the next 10 days or so,
send me an email. (Hint: go to my web site and use the
address given there.)

You have time to answer, for stamps it is always necessary to patient;
I'll write you end of July or beginning of August certainly!

One place where you could search for information is
http://www.scc-online.org/Finnish%20Philatelist/IssueIndex.html.

Since you read German, have you tried Michel?

this is a good idea and I have a 2001/2 Michel Nordeuropa!! Thanks

Old July 12th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 12 Jul, 14:43, Droger Jean-Paul wrote:
Hi!!

I have just bought a nice set of Finnish stamps 1901/03 Russian design
with Finnish value 2, 5, 10, 20 penni 1, 10 Mark and I try to find if
the stamps are from first or second tempory issue *or first or second
letterpress issue!! I have FACIT 2008 (and naturally Yvert but it
doesn't help me because it doesn't give all those details) but I don't
understand all what they write and I find they don't give enough
pictures!!

Here is the relevant page from SG Part 11: http://cjoint.com/?hmsrnCIKdT
You will see that they say that the easiest way to distinguish between
the two sets is that the earlier one is on chalky paper. They don't
mention "temporary" and "letterpress" issues, though, so sorry if it
doesn't help.

Chris

1901 AU Morgan?? BigDog Coins 5 March 23rd 05 05:10 PM
What's the deal with 1901 Morgan Dollars? Bob Flaminio Coins 10 April 13th 04 01:46 PM
1901-S Barber Dime Auction Hobble Coins 2 July 5th 03 05:18 AM