Looking for two stamps with theme...

Old June 25th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rob D.

Default Looking for two stamps with theme...

Does anyone know of:

1) A stamp with a target on it, or the word Target?

2) A stamp with a picture of a devil? (I already know of the Devil's
Tower stamp...but what I really need is a pic of a "diablo" or the
word "Diablo.")

Thanks!

Robert
Old June 25th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

Yugoslavia issued two stamps (March 27 & April 7 1999)
showing both a target and the word TARGET. This was
during the time when the US & NATO was bombing them.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Old June 25th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

1) A stamp with a target on it,

Achery stamps should be around

http://home.nestor.minsk.by/fsunews/...996/md199.html

http://www.mjpeak.com/bp/sports/stamps/stamps.html

Old June 25th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rob D.

On Jun 25, 11:59*am, (Jay T. Carrigan) wrote:
Yugoslavia issued two stamps (March 27 & April 7 1999)
showing both a target and the word TARGET. *This was
during the time when the US & NATO was bombing them.

* * *Jay Carrigan * * * * *change domain to mchsi
* * *www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Does anyone know of:

1) A stamp with a target on it, or the word Target?

2) *A stamp with a picture of a devil? *(I already know of the Devil's
Tower stamp...but what I really need is a pic of a "diablo" or the
word "Diablo.")

Thanks!

Robert

I'm sorry. I should have specified "US Stamps."
Old June 26th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

,
says...

Does anyone know of:

1) A stamp with a target on it, or the word Target?

2) A stamp with a picture of a devil? (I already know of the Devil's
Tower stamp...but what I really need is a pic of a "diablo" or the word
"Diablo.")

Scott:
http://cjoint.com/data/gAbbGWhk78.htm

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old June 26th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:52:23 -0700, Rob D. wrote:

I'm sorry. I should have specified "US Stamps."

Yep, that's important. :^)

Here's a target: http://cjoint.com/data/gAcl7wE7ly.htm

Oddly (not really) the U.S. has never issued a stamp with what I presume
you mean -- a little red, horned devil with a pitchfork? We didn't even
get Taz in the Looney Tunes series.

This is the best I can do: http://cjoint.com/data/gAcocMVeCM.htm

HTH,

Old June 26th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Also there is a target on the Comic Superheroes "Green Arrow"

if you were very fortunate,
you may have the devil with a pitchfork
as a cancellation strike
West Meriden
Connecticut 1861
http://cjoint.com/data/gAcM2B6S4T.htm

There are other devil's cancallation strikes
if you want more holler.

Old June 26th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:40:14 +0800, rodney wrote:

if you were very fortunate,
you may have the devil with a pitchfork as a cancellation strike
West Meriden
Connecticut 1861
http://cjoint.com/data/gAcM2B6S4T.htm

I'm about as a far as they come from believing in devils and demons, but
that cancel sends shivers up my spine. Something about his posture. Yow.

Old June 26th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jun 25, 12:05 pm, "Rob D." wrote:
Does anyone know of:

1) A stamp with a target on it, or the word Target?

2) A stamp with a picture of a devil? (I already know of the Devil's
Tower stamp...but what I really need is a pic of a "diablo" or the
word "Diablo.")

Thanks!

Robert

Canada issued a devil stamp...
http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/e/e001/e000008512.jpg

Blair
Old June 26th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:40:14 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

Hey! They didn't cancel letters like that when I lived there in the
1960s... Harumph! 100 years late and a few dollars short, no doubt.

I spent 5 years there between 3 and 8 years old. The old Pratt &
Whitney aircraft engine plant was in Meriden. We used to have a jet
in a playground to play on / around, unless that was a "remembered
memory" from a hypnotism session.

FS-TV Theme Toy steve whitaker General 0 February 10th 07 11:44 PM
Grenada Stamps- Disney Theme Question casdon General Discussion 4 April 7th 04 02:18 PM
Grenada Stamps- Disney Theme Question casdon Marketplace 1 April 3rd 04 04:27 AM
FS-TV Theme Collectible stephen whittaker General 0 December 6th 03 06:20 PM
railway theme Punch Coins 18 November 4th 03 02:41 PM