Hungary 1 Pengo Revenue Stamp

Old June 16th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Hungary 1 Pengo Revenue Stamp

As we have been discussing inflation - Zim and Pengo alike, I found a
1 Pengo revenue stamp from our beloved Hungary.

http://www.adirondack-pc.com/Pengo.jpg

Hungary and Austria printed up some nice revenues in their time. This
is a little more bland, but still nice enough.

Imagine using these 1 Pengo stamps on a billion Pengo document. Can
you say wheelbarrow? I knew you could...

Notice the fiber in the paper, the fine printing in the background and
so forth. Almost looks a little like paper money.

Tracy
Old June 16th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

As we have been discussing inflation - Zim and Pengo alike, I found a
1 Pengo revenue stamp from our beloved Hungary.
http://www.adirondack-pc.com/Pengo.jpg

Nice stamp, thanks for sharing.
Is this burelage? if so, may I use your image please?

Old June 16th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:09:02 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

As we have been discussing inflation - Zim and Pengo alike, I found a
1 Pengo revenue stamp from our beloved Hungary.
http://www.adirondack-pc.com/Pengo.jpg

Nice stamp, thanks for sharing.
Is this burelage? if so, may I use your image please?

Rodney -

Anything I post here is for anyone to use. I'd expect nothing more or
less.

When I get my web site(s) up and running, there may be some
copyrighted material, such as photographs, but these are all my stamps
or ephemera.

I'm trying to break into my new scanner. It seems that it is scanning
a little on the light side and I have to use Auto Levels in Photoshop
to tidy up some. Catches just about every speck of lint, dirt, or
those "hairs".

I just purchased a beautiful example of Belgian RR (SNCB/NMBS) stock
certificate, which I will use the top section for my web site. It is
a gorgeous scan of a Belgian tram with SNCB spelled out on top and
NMBS on the bottom of the picture. It's just too good not to use it.
Once I clear off my scanner and PC - they're doing double duty right
now being buried - I'll scan it and post it.

Further, I have some more goodies to scan. Cindies, revenues, etc. As
I find 'em, I'll scan 'em if we haven't discussed -OR- if relevant to
the topics.
Old June 16th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

Issued April 1, 1934 - 11 years before the start of the inflation.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Old June 16th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 05:10:32 GMT, (Jay T.
Carrigan) wrote:

Issued April 1, 1934 - 11 years before the start of the inflation.

Definitely a good thing.

In article ,
says...