German Postkrieg

Old March 5th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Thomas[_2_]

Default German Postkrieg

Hi.

does anybody know something about such a letter:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=290210904894

Regards
Thomas
Old March 5th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Thomas schrieb:
Hi.

does anybody know something about such a letter:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=290210904894

Regards
Thomas

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with "Postkrieg". It is a "postage
paid" letter, after WW II, due to lack of stamps at that time.

Peter

Old March 5th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Peter Baumann a couché sur son écran :
Thomas schrieb:
Hi.

does anybody know something about such a letter:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=290210904894

Regards
Thomas

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with "Postkrieg". It is a "postage
paid" letter, after WW II, due to lack of stamps at that time.

Peter

I agree with this!

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

Old March 6th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

Nonsense. IMO this is a very nice Postkrieg item.

Addressed to the Soviet Zone from West Berlin, plus
return address and dispatch postmark from Bln-Lankwitz
(after the June 25, 1948 start of the postal war),
plus later meter franking from SW 11, plus "Gebühr
bezahlt" marking to indicate prepayment to the Soviet
Zone authorities (this was applied at Bln-Lankwitz).

At this time, mail franked with stamps of the western
zones was refused by the Soviet Zone. However, this
card could have been franked with Soviet Zone stamps,
(Handoverprints, SBZ overprints or even old stamps at
1/10 face value) which were also valid in West Berlin.

Listed in the Michel Briefe-Katalog Deutschland 2004
as no. A.1.b for 450 euros!

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchai
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Old German coin Steve Coins 4 August 30th 05 02:18 AM
German medal Dale Hallmark Coins 8 March 7th 05 01:41 PM
FA: British, German/German States, French, Guernsey coins hunlsi Coins 0 July 27th 03 07:08 PM