Where have all the collectors gone?

Old January 27th 13, 04:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Default Where have all the collectors gone?

"Jud" wrote in message

Jerry Dennis is right. We didn't all die off in a 5 year span. We just got
sick of the BS. As an example, back in the xmas swap days, I was doing
three swaps each yr. I ended up making friends with a good number of them.
None of them were here after we started getting constant spam. I stayed in
touch with them for quite a time. We all just had better things to do than
read crap that some screwballs want to post.

Still here, read it almost every day, even though the quantity has gone way
down, I still enjoy reading Oly, BRemick, and yes, even JAM (uber-liberal!)
:-) I made a lot of friends through this BB, Jerry Dennis included! Sad to
say that RCC is on it's last legs.
-------

I've kept followed this group for quite a while, too, and still check out
any new posts. Who knows, maybe there just aren't a lot more coin issues
that haven't already been discussed to death here. Regardless, I still
enjoy joining most RCC discussions-- coin-related or not-- even if there are
only a couple of us involved.

Maybe we could try resurrecting a topic or two, like say coin-related "pet
peeves". Bitching usually ends up spawning a long thread, so why not.
Personally, I find it interesting that some of the big "two-page" dealers
still insist on using 1980's terms like "Gem or Premium Quality Brilliant
Uncirculated" in this era of precision grading to describe many of their
current offerings. Let the buyer guess what the coin that arrives in the
mail will look like. Meanwhile, in the same ads they often offer MS69 and
MS70 slabbed bullion issues at premium prices.

If nobody else cares to contribute or comment, I guess that will answer any
questions about what's really left of RCC.