Who or What is "Benson"? Pedigree or Variety?

Old November 5th 03, 07:27 AM
Jim Seymour

Default Who or What is "Benson"? Pedigree or Variety?

Can someone tell me what I won here?

The 1943(P) Cent is labeled "Benson" and PCGS's cert update website shows that
under the Variety field. Is this a pedigree? If so, who's?

--
Jim Seymour

Old November 5th 03, 10:37 AM
Phil DeMayo

"Jim Seymour" asked:

Can someone tell me what I won here?

The 1943(P) Cent is labeled "Benson" and PCGS's cert update website shows
that
under the Variety field. Is this a pedigree? If so, who's?

Probably came from this collection:
http://www.goldbergcoins.net/catalogarchive/20010216/

I don't have any further info at the moment.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old November 5th 03, 05:04 PM
Richard Snow

The Indian, Lincoln cents, Buffalo nickels and others in the Benson sale
have a predigree that traces back to Howard R. Newcomb, of late date Large
Cent fame. Check with the catalog from The Goldbergs, which is on-line.
(posted already)

Rick

Old November 5th 03, 05:56 PM
John Stone

ulsion (Phil DeMayo) wrote in message ...
"Jim Seymour" asked:

Can someone tell me what I won here?

The 1943(P) Cent is labeled "Benson" and PCGS's cert update website shows
that
under the Variety field. Is this a pedigree? If so, who's?

Probably came from this collection:
http://www.goldbergcoins.net/catalogarchive/20010216/

I don't have any further info at the moment.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits

Some pedigrees are worth more than others. I'm not sure this one is worth
anything in particular.
Old November 5th 03, 09:58 PM
Richard Snow

In fact, PCGS and NGC have put a Newcomb pedigree's on their holders based
on proof of a "Benson" sale pedigree.

Rick