Store owners launch anti-penny crusade

Old February 15th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured[_3_]

Default Store owners launch anti-penny crusade

Aladdin Sane wrote:

Dave Allured wrote:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ts_revolution/

I just adore crusades. Lots of people always get maimed, crippled, and
killed, and billions of dollars of property always gets either stolen or
broken.

Not too desperate to sell copy, are they?

James

As long as states have sales taxes, the Penny will hang on.

That's what they said about the half cent. ;-)

--Dave
Old February 15th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"sgt23" wrote in message
I think this fat bitch just wants to mark her stuff up.

Sarge, you never fail to dazzle the group with your erudite insights
into human nature.

Old February 15th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

In article "Aladdin Sane" writes:
As long as states have sales taxes, the Penny will hang on.

Wrong. As long as people do not understand rounding, the penny will hang on.
The only problem with the state taxes is that they are not included in the
advertised prizes, and so it is nearly impossible to know what you have to
pay before you come at the cashier.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131
Old February 15th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj[_2_]

"Dave Allured" wrote in message
Aladdin Sane wrote:

"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
message
Dave Allured wrote:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ts_revolution/

I just adore crusades. Lots of people always get
maimed, crippled, and
killed, and billions of dollars of property always gets
either stolen or
broken.

Not too desperate to sell copy, are they?

James

As long as states have sales taxes, the Penny will hang
on.

That's what they said about the half cent. ;-)

--Dave

If we had gotten around to minting the mill, we wouldn't be
debating on whether to keep the penny.

Old February 15th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Feb 14, 8:38*pm, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

I think this fat bitch just wants to mark her stuff up.

Sarge, you never fail to dazzle the group with your erudite insights
into human nature.

RWF your one to never stop talking and know your damn place life!

Old February 15th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"sgt23" wrote in message
RWF your one to never stop talking and know your damn place life!

Gee Sarge, tell us some more about those magical LOC albums you have
that keep mystically morphing!