Is this the future of "quality" cards????

Old August 8th 04, 04:58 PM
Stu

Wasn't looking for everyone to agree. I wanted to know what people thought
of the "card" not what they thought the complaint. You and JF said nothing
about the card, just the post, in which case you are not only wasting my
time but your own as well. If you had something to say about the card in
general (like it, hate it...whatever) that's what I was looking for. The
"don't like it don't buy it" thing is lame. I was looking for people's
opinion on where this hobby is going in terms of quality items available but
instead got a few people who prove that this is a place where a quality
discussion can't be started but griping about people's posts is the norm and
all we can expect.

Thanks Steve, you are one the newsgroup's sharpest minds!

"Steve Angel" wrote in message
Stu,

You said you were looking for opinions. I gave you one: mine. My
opinion that is if you are serious about disliking a product, then don't
buy it. The democracy of business is conducted by voting with money.
Don't like it? Don't buy. It's that simple. Or am I being too dumb
for you, chucklehead?

For that matter, JF also voiced his opinion, to be similarly rebuffed
with rudeness from you. Perhaps you ought to be clearer next time you
post, and state that you only want opinions from collectors who agree
with you and have exactly the same opinion.

Dumbass.
--

Brought to you by J, S, and the number 19.
In the event that they are unable to perform their duties,

Old August 8th 04, 05:20 PM
Stu

and having said that, I will not try to get any intelligent thought
provoking conversations about the collecting hobby here again.

thunderous applause

.cable.rogers.com...

Old August 8th 04, 05:33 PM
Otto

What do you mean again?

"Stu" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
and having said that, I will not try to get any intelligent thought
provoking conversations about the collecting hobby here again.

thunderous applause

.cable.rogers.com...

Old August 11th 04, 05:52 AM
BrownBullhead [eBay]

I have seen on eBay some people have been sending the AUTO in to BGS for
grading. I agree maybe the AUTO were a last minute deal but at least they
can be removed for grading. That is one flaw with the 1ST edition Ultimate
Memorabilia in 2000-01 ... no grades, permanent slabs...

Just to add my 2 cents, though I haven't bought a pack of these cards, I
think
for 100 bucks or whatever there are going for, pack wise, Im a little
dissapointed with the hard plastic, with sticker label over the top holder
for
a lot of these cards. I remember the last 2 years sets had the chunky
holder.
Sounds like to me they threw this set together maybe.

Old August 11th 04, 05:55 AM
BrownBullhead [eBay]

I agree... I think Stu's reply to Jean-Francois was a bit overboard.

Stu... you said you wanted discussion from other collectors, and when they
did write you back, you "flamed" them. Read once... read twice... same
pattern for writing your reply... Write... revise... then send. Anything
posted to these groups is public and I think it would serve your purpose
better if you encouraged the debate rather than stifle the individual
comments as received.

Just my $0.05.

Old August 13th 04, 12:35 PM
Stu

It was a post basically telling me not to post in here and if I don't like
it to contact ITG. Well, I wanted to talk to other collectors about their
thoughts, not a big company that would send you some prescripted form
letter. I don't buy the product anyway but still thought it was an
interesting discussion about "cost vs quality" but it seems that this board
is simply for sellers. We need a board to chat hobby as half the fun of
collecting is chatting about it.

That's all.

Stu

FS Kraft Cards L8TR Hockey 0 January 10th 04 10:23 AM
WTT my Pittsburgh Penguins for your Philadelphia Flyers flyerjon Hockey 0 January 6th 04 07:39 PM
FS - A Bunch o' Kraft Foods Cards & Discs L8TR Hockey 0 December 6th 03 05:34 AM
WTTF: Philadelphia Flyers Lots flyerjon Hockey 0 December 2nd 03 08:41 PM
Clearance Sale, Updated Pricing & Listing - Sets for as little as $1.50 Connie L. Cards:- non-sport 0 August 31st 03 03:51 AM