more Seeburg 100 Questions

Old August 14th 03, 02:55 AM
Bernie

Default more Seeburg 100 Questions

So, I'm trying to hook up a wall box to my 100c. I got the plug from
Victory Glass and cable and everyone tells me that the 3W100 will work
with my stepper. I cleaned all the contacts on the wallbox and in the
stepper with a burnishing tool. So this is what it does. You put in a
dime or a nickle and it takes the credit. Not a problem. It moves the
contact arm to the 3rd contact and it sits and waits for a record to
be selected. I push in a letter and a number, the rotary contact turns
and you here the stepper making all the contacts in the jukebox and
then it stops. No selection in the receiver is made, not solenoid in
the pinbank is powered and the other curious thing is that the motor
in the wallbox stops before the buttons are released. The contact
swing arm does not return exactly to it's starting position, which I
assume is where it should be. It's about a half inch shy of that
position. I'm assuming that it's making contacts in the stepper since
I here the pulses. Is that assumption correct? The other odd thing is
that the lights in the wallbox don't light. They're 25volt lamps I'm
assuming?

Now here's another annoying thing, and I'm almost certain it's in the
jones plug. All my selections work from the actual Jukebox selector
except for A7,C7,E7, etc. and B4,D4,F4,etc. How the hell do you trace
this out? Would you assume that since it's this combination of
selections that don't work that it's not in the selector at all,
especially since the other A's and C's etc selections are working.

Thanks

Bernie