Self-adhesive cuts

Old February 21st 04, 11:56 PM
A.E. Gelat

Default Self-adhesive cuts

What is the proper name for the sinusoidal cuts used on the self-adhesives?
The spacing of the "waves" can be measured on a standard perforation gauge,
but I have not seen any mention of gauge in cataloguing the stamps. Do they
vary, and has there been any changes in the gauge?

Tony

Old February 22nd 04, 03:28 AM
Rodney

Australia has begun guaging their "peel and stick" Tony,
from some time back, but unsure if it is included in the latest
Stanley Gibbons.
If you were referring to Oz, which I doubt, let me know.

(Remove gum to reply)

Old February 22nd 04, 03:58 AM
Dave Joll

"Rodney" wrote

Australia has begun guaging their "peel and stick" Tony,
from some time back, but unsure if it is included in the latest
Stanley Gibbons.

The Stanley Gibbons catalogues have been calling them
"die-cut perforations" or something like that, and gauging
them as normal perforations. This has been quite important
in their listings of NZ self-adhesive stamps which quite often
have two or three different gauges of die-cut depending on
their source.

Old February 22nd 04, 06:10 AM
Rodney

Ah, yes,
Thanks Dave, now I remember. Die Cut Perfs.
I think we have 3 sources for ours.
Taken up by Rein some time back.

Old February 22nd 04, 07:31 AM
A.E. Gelat

Thanks, Dave and Rodney. Die-cut sounds very appropriate.

Tony

Old February 22nd 04, 07:32 AM
A.E. Gelat

I wasn't referring to Oz, whatever that may be.

Tony

Old February 22nd 04, 08:07 AM
Dave Joll

"A.E. Gelat" wrote

I wasn't referring to Oz, whatever that may be.

He means Australia. It's a fairly common abbreviation
(the same pronounciation as "Aus...")

Old February 22nd 04, 08:19 AM
Tracy Barber

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:32:28 -0600, "A.E. Gelat"
wrote:

I wasn't referring to Oz, whatever that may be.

Oz = Australia

"A.E. Gelat" wrote in message

| What is the proper name for the sinusoidal cuts used on the

self-adhesives?
| The spacing of the "waves" can be measured on a standard perforation

gauge,
| but I have not seen any mention of gauge in cataloguing the stamps. Do

they
| vary, and has there been any changes in the gauge?
|
| Tony

Tracy Barber
Old February 22nd 04, 03:23 PM
Chameleon

Canadian stamps have some that have the sinusodal waves and some others that
have strait edges. ie. the hockey allstar series. Do they consider these
ones non perferorated?

Chameleon

Old February 22nd 04, 04:52 PM
Eric Bustad

SG's Scandinavia Catalogue refers to the straight edges on recent Norway
booklet stamps as "imperforate". I would prefer to use the term
"straight edge", to distinquish them from those imperforate stamps that
need to be cut apart by the user.

530 different Game-Used Baseball Insert card All stars!!! www.SMCCI.com Baseball 0 February 19th 05 03:59 PM
FS: Bat Cards Max Gratton Baseball 0 August 5th 03 05:18 AM
FS: MISC BAT CARDS Max Gratton Baseball 0 July 17th 03 01:57 AM
Tradelist Jorg Lange Hockey 0 July 5th 03 03:31 AM