Indy 500, What Engine Are They Using This Year?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak44[_2_]

Default Ricky's Honda loses-again

On May 25, 5:35*pm, trippin-2-8-track wrote:
On May 25, 5:28*pm, kayak44 wrote:

On May 25, 2:53*pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

On Sun, 25 May 2008 08:53:08 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track

wrote:
On May 25, 9:55*am, wrote:
Nice feedback!

*A REAL CON ARTIST - ITEM NEVER ARRIVED - PROBABLY NEVER EXISTED
RIPPED OFF $135! Buyer: illusionsofgranduer (private) *May-21-08
16:10
*Reply by 66-catalina (May-22-08 04:24):
tracked by USPS-showed delivered April 29-Australia buyer filed
fraudulent claim
Follow-up by illusionsofgranduer (May-22-08 16:26):
PAYPAL REVERSED PAYMENT - SELLER LIES THEN STARTS SPAMMING US
**BEWARE
A *******

* WEBER 2-BBL CARBURETOR-NEW-NOS-W/CHOKESTATE,DASHPOT-$$$
(#140222792859) US $75.00 View Item

yet another lowlife with a Jap ****box, out to smear good sellers'
reps, and scam parts- just like you, Ricky-all you Japper drivers are
the same !

item tracked by USPS, delivered April 29 snip

USPS does NOT track international shipments...everyone knows that.

Thus, Charlie Nudo, aka 66-fourdoor, aka a dumpster diving idiots, lie
yet again.

buyer feedback fraudulent lies

Label/Receipt Number: CP757859113U S

Means nothing. *All that means is it left the US...does NOT mean it
was ever delivered.

Item was delivered in AUSTRALIA at 4:02 PM on April 29, 2008.

www.usps.com

tracking number CP757859113US snip

Means bupkis. *USPS cannot track delivery of international letters or
shipments...period.

Hey Noodles! *How about that extortion feedback attempt? *That sure
looks good on your "record" doesn' t it?- Hide quoted text -

Charlie Nudo gets a negative and then attackes me because of the car I
drive? That's just not how normal people act.

He also deleted his post for some odd reason. Of course as usual, I
have the last laugh because I still maintain my Power Seller status
and 100% positive feedback, but then I don't go around attacking
people, using foul language and screwing people over. God frowns on
such activity Charlie, take a lesson from me and turn your life around
before it's too late and God may bless you too.- Hide quoted text -

no one's attacking you, just stating the fact- Honda is behind Olds,
Chevy, and Ford, in Indy 500 wins

I don't know because you deleted your post.

as usual

Olds and Chevy are, GM...

the best there is

Honda can't even get more wins than Olds, and Olds isn't even MADE
anymore. *What's that say about Honda ? *Pret-ty lame engines Honda
has...

Honda is so lame that the Indy Racing League has just extended their
relationship with Honda for the next 5 years.
The last two years ALL Indy cars in the Indy 500 have been powered by
Honda and there has not been a single engine-related retirement in the
event, that is the only 2 races in the history of Indy that has
happened.

http://racing.honda.com/press/detail.aspx?id=4514

the real question is, why do you buy Jap cars that are inferior, are
worth less, have less power, and get beat like a drum by GM cars ?

are you a dedicated loser ?- Hide quoted text -

Honda Extends Relationship with IndyCar Racing

05/23/2008

Honda Performance Development (HPD), American Honda's headquarters for
professional auto racing operations, has extended its relationship
with the Indy Racing League and plans to supply engines to the IndyCar
Series for the next five years.

Honda joined the IndyCar Series at the start of the 2003 season, and
became single supplier of racing engines to the series in 2006.

"In the six years that Honda has been a part of the Indy Racing
League, we've had a great deal of success, both against strong
competition from other auto manufacturers and as single engine
supplier," said Erik Berkman, president of HPD, located in Santa
Clarita, CA. "Honda is pleased to be part of the IndyCar Series, as it
provides both a technical challenge for our engineers and a showcase
for Honda products worldwide."

Today's announcement that the League will host a manufacturers'
roundtable in June to openly discuss future chassis and engine rules
was also welcomed by Berkman. "We are delighted by the League's
decision to welcome automotive manufacturers to Indianapolis next
month. We look forward to the continued growth of IndyCar racing, and
potential participation by additional engine manufacturers."

"I am very excited about Honda's decision today as it brings stability
and continuity to a very competitive racing package," said Brian
Barnhart, President of Competition and Operations for the League.
"We're encouraged by Honda's commitment to the IndyCar Series, and
their willingness to assist us in growing the series, both on and off
the race track."

Honda entered the IndyCar Series in 2003, and scored 28 victories in
49 races (2003-05) against strong competition from opposing
manufacturers, including Indy 500 and IndyCar drivers' and
manufacturers' championships in 2004 and '05. Overall, including its
65 victories in the CART Champ Car series from 1994-2002, Honda owns
128 race victories in open-wheel competition in the U.S.

During the course of the 17-race 2007 IndyCar Season, 36 drivers,
utilizing the Honda Indy V8 (HI7R) racing engine, recorded a total of
166,608 miles with just a single in-race engine failure - a
demonstration of outstanding design and build quality rarely seen in a
highly stressed racing engine. For the second consecutive season,
Honda also powered the entire 33-car starting field at the 2007
Indianapolis 500. And for the second year in a row - and the only two
times in '500' history - there was not a single engine-related
retirement in the event.