BAREFOOT 411. HOPKINS, WONDERLAND AND SCHOOL OF ROCK

Old September 25th 03, 08:12 PM
Barefootmk

Default BAREFOOT 411. HOPKINS, WONDERLAND AND SCHOOL OF ROCK

HEY ALL HAVEN'T POSTED THIS IS A WHILE BUT THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW.
yesterday was a killer autographs collecting day starting with the Anthony
Hopkins star on the walk of fame. This event was attended by Salma Hayek and
new boyfried Josh Lucas. As well as Jodie Foster, Gary Sinese and Sir Anthony
Hopkins himself. I went a little early as i have never gotten Hopkins in my
years of collecting.
Foster and Sinese signed on the way in (I did not get either one as Foster only
signed a few). Hopkins said he'd sign when the ceremony was over and did not
dissappoint. He did not sign a whole lot however. He probably only signed like
25 total autographs. But i did manage to get 2 from him. Salma and Josh did not
sign at all and frankly I have no idea why they were there as neither one of
them spoke or really did press.
The after party for thestar was over at spago restaurant. This was real nice.
Not only did Hopkins sign there (only 3 total, but I did get another) but Gary
Sinese signed a ton (not his usual mood as he is not very nice on most
occassions). Hayek and Lucas both snuck out the back andwe never saw Foster
there. But Michael York of Austin Powers fame cameto the restaurant as did Stan
Winston (both of whom were gracious signers) but Slash parked across the street
to hit the ATM and many collectors got his autograph as well.

Later that evening there were 2 Big Hollywood premieres. One at the Grauman
Chinese Theater for Wonderland Starring Val Kilmer. This one i attended on the
arrivals. Lisa Kudrow and Kate Bozworth were the only actors to come to the
crowd and sign and i snagged 2 Kudrow autographs (she is very tough normally).
Val Kilmer just waved and again Salma Hayek and Josh Lucas were complete
stiffs.Some people walked to the event and i got them as well in a lower key
circumstance. I got a picture with Ted Levine (who was the psycho in Silence of
the Lambs and was in Super Troopers. He is now on a show called Monk which is
real good) and Father Guido Sarducci (SNL fame) Not a lot of stuff but it was
cool. I did not attend this event afterward but it appears Kilmer did sign one
at the after party.
I did however hit the School of Rock after party as there were a lot of decent
stars there that i needed. The after party was down the street from the
premiere. I was able to get the whole osbourne clan. ( i have to admit, i hate
getting anyone other than ozzy since he's the only real "star" in the family)
but ozzy was real cool, so was sharon and jack. Kelly only signed a few and was
very picky. I also got Brttney Snow from American dreams, Dave Grohl and Taylor
Hawkins from the Foo Fighters. I also got the entire cast of the movie on 2
programs from that movie. it was great. Jack Black came by and the little crowd
and we started goofing around back and fourth as he asked "what do we do with
this stuff?" some people told him we sell it and he just said "for how much"
some guy said "$15-20" and he was like "reallllly" acting all surprised. Then
he started telling us how he doesn't sign all that much and that we should save
them cause they may be worth some real money someday. It was really funny. He
signed my 2 movie programs and several photos. Then at the end he signed a
combo shot of him and jason alexander to which i said "now this guy has a
TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR ITEM" which jack just laughed his ass off at.
we also got Arron Stanford who was pyro in xmen 2, Cindy Williams from Laverne
and Shirley and many others.
All in all it was an excellent night. imagine what you can get signed out here
in l.a.?
Old September 25th 03, 08:24 PM
JHNJB

All in all it was an excellent night. imagine what you can get signed out
here
in l.a.?

Nice report. Keep them coming...
JC
Old September 25th 03, 08:29 PM
Kenneth465

I'll second that and yes I wish (when I read your reports and those of a couple
others) that LA was home. at least a few months a year.

Congrats.

ken

Old September 25th 03, 09:37 PM
dahoov2

Nice report... sorry to hear about Kilmer. What's he been in that's
been so great he can still everyone. Oh well.... I love Sinese and
Hopkins... nice hearing about them

Old September 25th 03, 11:27 PM
Sign it 2

Love those reports !!!!!
Old September 26th 03, 12:47 AM
DabWHIT

Great report & please keep them coming!

Aaron
Old September 26th 03, 01:59 AM
Exers30x

you are one lucky sob. that is all i can say.

Old September 26th 03, 06:29 AM
Gunther

Thanks for the report, funny as heck about Jack Black!

Soon I'm sure there will be the usual "hammer on barefoot" postings,
lets all just ignore those please.

On 25 Sep 2003 19:12:33 GMT, (Barefootmk) wrote:

snip