Hong Kong/Macau question.

Old November 25th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Geezer.

Default Hong Kong/Macau question.

Hello all,

Could someone please let me know the catalogue value of the following stamp.
I can't find it in the Gibbons C/W catalogue but it may be in the Portuguese
catalogue.

SG. 64 of HK (4c. purple/red Ed.VII Wmk. Crown CA) - postmarked 1905
Macau.

Thanks in anticipation.

Geezer.

Old November 25th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Geezer." wrote in message
.uk...
Hello all,

Could someone please let me know the catalogue value of the following
stamp. I can't find it in the Gibbons C/W catalogue but it may be in the
Portuguese catalogue.

SG. 64 of HK (4c. purple/red Ed.VII Wmk. Crown CA) - postmarked 1905
Macau.

Hi Geezer.

If you mean the Hong Kong stamp used/cancelled/postmarked in Macau, I am
pretty sure it could prove to be a nice little earner for collectors of
stamps used and cancelled outside their country of issue. I believe that
recently on Ebay-Italy there was a Swiss stamp used in Italy or an Italian
stamp used in Switzerland that fetched a pretty penny. If on the other hand
you mean a Hong Kong stamp overprinted Macau for postal use in that Macau,
then I regret that I cannot find any reference of such arrangements. Even
in my revenues catalogue, the only Macao overprints are on Angolan stamps.

If you have the stamp perhaps you can post a scan. I, for one, would love
to see it.
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Old November 25th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Nov 25, 10:54 am, "Geezer." wrote:
Hello all,

Could someone please let me know the catalogue value of the following stamp.
I can't find it in the Gibbons C/W catalogue but it may be in the Portuguese
catalogue.

SG. 64 of HK (4c. purple/red Ed.VII Wmk. Crown CA) - postmarked 1905
Macau.

Thanks in anticipation.

Geezer.

Hello Geezer:

There are several possible reasons for a Macau cancel
on a Hong Kong stamp and vice versa.

First, the letter could be posted on a Hong Kong ship
and delivered to the post office in Macau for cancellation.
The same applies to letters from Macau ships
deposited with the Hong Kong Post Office. These are
called Paquebot covers.

Here are some Macau stamps cancelled in Hong Kong,
that come from Paquebot covers.
http://cjoint.com/data/lzs6LeCUhI.htm

Second, a letter posted from Hong Kong to Macau could
receive a Macau receiving cancel. This cancel might
cover one or more HK stamps. This also applied to
Registered mail.

Finally if a letter was mailed from HK to Macau and
the HK post office forgot to cancel the stamps, the
Macau post office might cancel them to prevent their
reuse.

Here is a Queen Victoria HK stamp cancelled in Macau.
http://cjoint.com/data/lztiKKbx4g.htm

Here are some more Macau stamps cancelled in
Hong Kong.
http://cjoint.com/data/lztkLk5b6z.htm
http://cjoint.com/data/lztm5biHGD.htm
http://cjoint.com/data/lztn4vxkKa.htm
http://cjoint.com/data/lztpfTzgQD.htm

As for prices, I have seen these offered at prices
between $2.50 US and $20.00 US per stamp,
depending on condition, rarity etc...

Blair
Old November 25th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) Hong Kong/Macau question.

Hong Kong.http://cjoint.com/data/lztkLk5b6z.ht...lztpfTzgQD.htm

Old November 26th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Geezer.

Hi,

I've made a scan now - you can find it at -

www.dlnw24516.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/macau.jpg

Geezer.

"Geezer." wrote in message
.uk...
Hello all,

Could someone please let me know the catalogue value of the following
stamp. I can't find it in the Gibbons C/W catalogue but it may be in the
Portuguese catalogue.

SG. 64 of HK (4c. purple/red Ed.VII Wmk. Crown CA) - postmarked 1905
Macau.

Thanks in anticipation.

Geezer.

Hong Kong Question TC Blair General Discussion 6 November 22nd 04 08:20 PM
WTB: Hong Kong... MarkR Coins 0 June 15th 04 04:33 AM
Hong Kong Bob Ingraham General Discussion 0 August 25th 03 02:13 PM
Hong Kong Turboman Marketplace 0 August 25th 03 07:43 AM
Hong Kong Turboman Worldwide Stamps 0 August 25th 03 07:38 AM