Wanted to buy. ROWE R83 magazine motor

Old September 2nd 10, 09:17 AM
DDSTOYS DDSTOYS is offline
Junior Member

Location: Geelong Australia
Default Wanted to buy. ROWE R83 magazine motor

Would anyone have a spare magazine motor to suit a Rowe r83 jukebox.

Must be in working order and be happy to post to Australia

Thanks daniel
Old September 2nd 10, 11:14 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSTOYS View Post
Would anyone have a spare magazine motor to suit a Rowe r83 jukebox.

Must be in working order and be happy to post to Australia

Thanks daniel
Hi Daniel,

Have you tried Ervin at , www.flamingo.com.au
he is in Tasmania.

If he can not help you then I do stock them, they are used but good, can be supplied as a bare motor or complete with plate, detent and sprag wheel.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Games Unlimited & Datex Systems
Units 4 & 5 Lion Park
New Street
Halfway
Sheffield
S20 3GH
UK
(44) 114 247 0242 phone
(44) 114 251 0727 fax
Old September 2nd 10, 12:50 PM
DDSTOYS DDSTOYS is offline
Junior Member

Location: Geelong Australia

Thanks Allen

Pm sent
Old September 3rd 10, 08:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

Default Rowe R83 help required

On Sep 2, 8:32*pm, Alan Hood
wrote:
DDSTOYS;657277 Wrote:

Hi was after a little bit of help I'm trying to repair a friends R83 and
it's turning into the machine that won't leave.

The problem is when te magazine has no record in it everything works
as it should once you load the records in it struggles to turn it and
the clutch type thing in the motor click and skips.

I've checked the voltages which are all fine.
I've had the mech control and memory unit professionally looked at and
I'm told there fine so I'm assuming it a problem with the motor itself.

Is there any way to test this?
Also there is a large 5w resistor in the mech control which gets very
hot which I'm assuming is because the motor has to work so hard to do
anything.

Thanks for your time Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Have you checked out the Sprag wheel for wear or broken teeth, also I
would check to see if the Srag Assembly (Rowe Ami 405-05022) this is the
plate that the magazine motor is mounted to and includes the Sprag Wheel
and Detent coil and linkage. If this assembly is pushed too tight
against the Pinion and Plate assembly then it puts strain on the motor.
I would also check that the Pinion & Plate (large metal gear with a
plastic teeth) is ok. In addition check the small gear at the other end
of the shaft to make sure that that is ok.

regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

--
Alan Hood

In addition to the above advice, here are a couple of things to look
out for:

I have actually seen a sprag wheel on this same mechanism type (MM2)
that had somehow cracked or split from one edge all the way to the
centre hole,
and the split would actually open under load, creating enough room at
the centre hole area and causing the keyed motor shaft to turn inside
the wheel hub and the sprag wheel to "jump" but not actually turn, (or
turn intermittently).

It would then close up again when the keying was again in the right
position and look normal upon first glance.

Also have seen the large nylon driven gear get worn. In one case it
was throwing the magazine out of sync intermittently and proved very
hard to find.

Another thing I would look at is wear on the first driven gear in the
motor gearbox.
It would be a fibre gear and may have worn down and not be being
grabbed by the teeth of the metal gear.

If you need a replacement sprag wheel or other bits and cannot find
them locally (I dont know how easy they are to get these days),
I do have them still and can post (am in Australia).
Old September 3rd 10, 11:06 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
On Sep 2, 8:32*pm, Alan Hood
wrote:
DDSTOYS;657277 Wrote:

[...]

Like Kreed, I stock most if not all Rowe Ami parts in a new or good used condition. I am in the UK. If you are in the USA then there are a number of dealers that have parts www.happ.com are running there jukebox parts down but still may have some stock.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old September 3rd 10, 11:37 AM
DDSTOYS DDSTOYS is offline
Junior Member

Location: Geelong Australia

Thanks for the other tips. All these gears are fine I can see the part that is slipping and it's part of the motor gearbox
Old September 3rd 10, 03:37 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSTOYS View Post
Thanks for the other tips. All these gears are fine I can see the part that is slipping and it's part of the motor gearbox
Hi Daniel,

I suggest that you try to get a replacement motor from Ervin or Kreed,
If you can not get one from the above, please contact me for a used but good motor, I send parts world wide and accept payment via Paypal or credit card.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK