ICCS paradox

Old January 5th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

Default ICCS paradox

1901 Canada Dollar ICCS Victoria Fantasy Pattern Rare!

ICCS says it's genuine. Genuine fake? Certainly not authorized by the
Canadian government.
Old January 5th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"RF" wrote in message
1901 Canada Dollar ICCS Victoria Fantasy Pattern Rare!

ICCS says it's genuine. Genuine fake? Certainly not authorized by the
Canadian government.

It's in KM's Unusual World Coins, whence the "X" in the catalog number.
There are versions in several metals, this one in bronze, with a cat value
of $20. KM gives the mintage as 550, not 450 (who's right?). There's also
a 1901 Edwardo VII set, featuring three different versions of his portrait,
one of them quite dapper, but with the same reverse as the Victoria, and two
1937 left-facing (!) Edwardo VIII sets, one barehead and one crowned, with
voyageur reverse. KM calls the whole issue the "INA Retro Series."
Interesting stuff, and good-looking too, I had just never paid any attention
to them before. I don't normally collect this kind of material, but I could
see myself going for one of the 1937 voyageur pieces at the right price.

James

Old January 5th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jan 5, 4:11*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"RF" wrote in message

[...]

I agree the "coins" are good looking but to me, they're of minimal
value.
They're fantasy pieces pure and simple and were never sanctioned in
any way by Canada.

Old January 7th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

They are no more legitimate than Lundy puffins, but I suppose if they
are genuine for what they are, they can be called genuine.

Ebay Pulled my ICCS coins! L. HOULLEVICQUE Coins 37 January 12th 08 12:20 AM
eBay & ICCS listings RF Coins 29 October 8th 07 11:46 PM
paradox-convenience at the cost of fidelity DeserTBob's Futile Efforts[_3_] 8 Track Tapes 1 September 8th 07 04:23 PM