FYI: ASA-Accugrade files new suit in US District Court

Old January 9th 05, 07:07 PM
K6AZ

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:50:01 -0500, (f b) wrote:

Eric,
I think there is a way for us to read them, I'm just too lazy to
figure it out.
Thank you for doing it up for me.
You will all be happy to know I have purchased a computer. Now If I can
figure it out, I'll be able to read not only all the posts and sites but
I'm working on reading minds too!!!
Doris
I didn't see my name tho

~ Farmers Fighting For Farmers ~
http://www.geocities.com/ampa_ltd/

Doris, computers are easy. I would suggest getting one of the how to picture
books for Windows XP if you have never used a computer before, should be
enough to get you going.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old January 10th 05, 12:47 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:07:07 -0500, K6AZ wrote:

Doris, computers are easy. I would suggest getting one of the how to picture
books for Windows XP if you have never used a computer before, should be
enough to get you going.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

Second advice: don't be afraid to try things.

BLReed

To e-mail me, remove the obvious spam trap.
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things and Bust Coin Forum: http://www.byronreed.com
Old January 10th 05, 12:59 AM
Bob Peterson

third advice - when you set up windows xp he first time, it offers to take
you on a tour. the tour takes about 45 minutes, but its well worth the
time.

4th advice - windows help is pretty good in most cases. don't be afraid to
use it.

Old January 10th 05, 07:42 PM
Bob Flaminio

WinWinscenario wrote:
I'm always having puter problems of various severity. So I bought
"Windows XP For Dummies." I don't recommend it. Most of my
questions either don't appear or are not answered by this book. Try
something else.

All of the "Dummies" books are pretty bad, IMHO. It's really hard for me
to find useful computer books -- I'm quite beyond the "Dummies" stage,
yet I don't fancy myself a programmer. What I need is something like
"Windows XP for Rather Clever Folk", but I don't think there's any such
book out there.

--
Bob

Old January 10th 05, 10:45 PM
James Higby

The book Using Windows XP Professional by Cowart & Knittel seems pretty
thorough (1272 pages) and a new edition covering SP2 just came out.

James
'it's over my head, but I don't care'

Old January 10th 05, 11:06 PM
f b

Thanks to all for your advice. I will get a book with pictures.
"Dummies" books may be too advanced for me, but I'll try it.
Doris

Old January 10th 05, 11:44 PM
K6AZ

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:06:12 -0500, (f b) wrote:

Thanks to all for your advice. I will get a book with pictures.
"Dummies" books may be too advanced for me, but I'll try it.
Doris

~ Farmers Fighting For Farmers ~
http://www.geocities.com/ampa_ltd/

I set people up all the time who are either totally new to computer, or
upgrade from an ancient version of Windows. Starting out fresh, you
want to go with the hands on picture book, then maybe a dummies
book, and then some of the more advanced books. The picture book
will explain how to start up and turn off the computer, how to access
basic programs like the web browser and email client, and how to navigate
Windows. Windows XP isn't that hard compared to earlier versions. Just
go to your local book store and there should be at least three different versions
of the picture books.

Old January 11th 05, 01:39 AM
Jorg Lueke

http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersguide/
Old January 11th 05, 02:14 AM
Zamboni

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message
third advice - when you set up windows xp he first time, it offers to
take you on a tour. the tour takes about 45 minutes, but its well worth
the time.

4th advice - windows help is pretty good in most cases. don't be afraid
to use it.

5th - if someone sends you a link about goats, don't.

Older Accugrade Labels? eXistenZ32 Coins 0 September 4th 04 04:13 PM
Ira has been served! Ira Stein Coins 53 May 8th 04 08:48 PM
Coin World finally reports on the suit K6AZ Coins 47 May 2nd 04 11:02 AM
Interesting case Ned Flanders Coins 1 April 16th 04 10:34 PM
Talking G. W. Bush and Clinton, Non-Talking Top Gun G. W. Bush in Flight Suit Dolls For Sale Donna Dolls 0 December 31st 03 05:42 PM