rock-ola 444 Ipod connection

Old September 10th 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
geoffturner

Default rock-ola 444 Ipod connection

Hi

has anyone connected an ipod to a rockola 444 or similar. I connected
mine via the phono input socket. I had to reduce the volume on the
ipod to reduce distortion. It sounded ok but not great, anybody got
any diy ideas around this

Geoff

Old September 10th 07, 07:33 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Geoff,

First off, you are driving a line level signal into a phono cartridge input. This is causing distortion by overdriving the pre-amp/tone control boards.

IF IT WERE ME...... I would probably put the signal directly to the amplifier board inputs and wire in a micro mini jack (or whatever connector is readily available for an iPod cord) and install it to the cover of the amp. AND, if I really wanted to get technical, I would wire in a relay that would be driven by the TT motor voltage. Placing the input to the phono on the N.O. side and the input to the iPod on the N.C. side. That way, the iPod would play until someone made a selection on the juke. As soon as the TT began to spin, the relay would disconnect the ipod and connect the phono cartridge.
Old September 10th 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
stbann

Geoff,

We have an iPod to Phono adapter.
Full details here http://www.cdadapter.com/

Price is $45 plus $8 UPS shipping within the USA.
(includes iPod cable and charger)

~Ann Marie

ipod, got one today Mlatham Juke Boxes 0 July 26th 05 02:55 PM
Hey- I want a free IPOD, Why not you. Whatsitdo General 1 March 3rd 05 03:21 AM
Hey- I want a free IPOD, Why not you. Prissyme General 0 February 27th 05 02:26 PM
Ipod [email protected] Basketball 0 February 2nd 05 02:43 AM
Get a FREE Ipod B3P Football (US) 0 January 8th 05 01:25 PM