Start your Key Date - Love Token collection with this one

Old August 29th 03, 07:41 PM
Stujoe

Default Start your Key Date - Love Token collection with this one

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
Old August 29th 03, 07:53 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:41:15 -0500, Stujoe
is alleged to have written:

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

And NGC slabbed it. I'll bet there was some debate about that! They'd better
never body bag another coin for "altered surfaces"!

Bruce (Key dates get slack, but that's a LOT of slack)

Old August 29th 03, 08:10 PM
Bill Krummel

"Stujoe" wrote in message

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
http://www.TheStujoeCollection.com/news.htm

That's got to be rare. Can't be many 1877 IHC love tokens around. Maybe
just one and that's it. Bill

Old August 29th 03, 08:20 PM
Stujoe

In article , Bruce
Hickmott spoke thusly...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:41:15 -0500, Stujoe
is alleged to have written:

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

And NGC slabbed it. I'll bet there was some debate about that! They'd better
never body bag another coin for "altered surfaces"!

Bruce (Key dates get slack, but that's a LOT of slack)

Don't get too discouraged...that is an NCS slab...otherwise known as
the "We can't put THAT thing in our regular slab!" division of NGC.

Old August 29th 03, 08:23 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:41:15 -0500, Stujoe
is alleged to have written:

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

And NGC slabbed it. I'll bet there was some debate about that! They'd better
never body bag another coin for "altered surfaces"!

Bruce (Key dates get slack, but that's a LOT of slack)

It's NCS as the guarantor, and that is *not* a coin. ;-)

Alan
'bezel my butt'
Old August 29th 03, 08:23 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:20:36 -0500, Stujoe
is alleged to have written:

In article , Bruce
Hickmott spoke thusly...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:41:15 -0500, Stujoe
is alleged to have written:

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

And NGC slabbed it. I'll bet there was some debate about that! They'd better
never body bag another coin for "altered surfaces"!

Bruce (Key dates get slack, but that's a LOT of slack)

Don't get too discouraged...that is an NCS slab...otherwise known as
the "We can't put THAT thing in our regular slab!" division of NGC.

Oops! I missed that. Goodness, those slabs look a lot alike.

Bruce (Either that, or I'm getting old)

Old August 29th 03, 08:24 PM
Yousri Ahmad

That's very funny Stu, LOL :-)

--
Yousri Ahmad
World Mints: http://yousri.home.comcast.net

"Stujoe" wrote in message
In article , Bruce
Hickmott spoke thusly...

Old August 29th 03, 08:41 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
Bill Krummel wrote:

"Stujoe" wrote in message

Plucked off of another forum...

:-)

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
http://www.TheStujoeCollection.com/news.htm

That's got to be rare. Can't be many 1877 IHC love tokens around. Maybe
just one and that's it. Bill

(Sigh)

Alan
'please note the initials'

I think from the look of the piece that they
did that to an uncirculated example. And the little bit of wear is from
after it was a pendant.

Isn't that fun to think about?

Dale
Not intentionally sadistic, well... ok just this once :-)

Old August 29th 03, 09:54 PM
Byron L. Reed

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:21:43 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
wrote:

(Sigh)

Alan
'please note the initials'

Not to worry, Alan. I think there are two W's there.

Your middle names not Wolford is it?

BLReed

Remove the "R_E_M_O_V_E" from the email address to reply directly.
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old August 29th 03, 10:07 PM
Stujoe

In article , Byron L.
Reed spoke thusly...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:21:37 -0500, Stujoe
wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Possible unique and I don't think
there will be too many more made in the future either.

Although, if I had a 77 with major reverse damage I would consider hiring
an engraver to make one. Many times a nice love token is worth more than a
damaged coin.

Ahhh, I had not thought of that!