TECH: ROCK-OLA 477

Old February 28th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
thabigwolf

Default TECH: ROCK-OLA 477

Rock-ola 477 Max help needed - Powers up with lights - Power Supply
board has 2 LED Lit. No other lights are lit.

I have the manual but wanted to see if any Rock-ola expert knows where
to go from here.

Selector display board is blank along with hit tracker box. Amp box
has no lights also.

John
Old February 29th 08, 05:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

John,

Which LED's are lit? There should be an LED for the +9.6 VDC, -21 VDC
and the +32 VDC.

If the unit is dead, I would assume the +9.6 is the one not lit. This
is the setup voltage for the 5 VDC Regulator, which is the logic
power. You have a fuse at F101 which protects this part of the power
supply.

With more info about the box, maybe I can give better advice.

Respectfully,
David Rebber
Jordan Amusement Co., Inc.
Lubbock, TX
Old March 1st 08, 07:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
news

Hello, i have a question to for a 477..
How do i set the dipswitches in the coin unit to have 8 plays for one coin ?
Is it possible to download the pages from the manual explaining the settings
, i have no manual

Leon from http://www.flipper-pinball-fan.be

"DRebber" schreef in bericht

Old March 1st 08, 06:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
thabigwolf

On Mar 1, 1:26*am, "news" wrote:
Hello, i have a question to for a 477..
How do i set the dipswitches in the coin unit to have 8 plays for one coin ?
Is it possible to download the pages from the manual explaining the settings
, i have no manual

Leon fromhttp://www.flipper-pinball-fan.be

"DRebber" schreef in ...

John,

Which LED's are lit? *There should be an LED for the +9.6 VDC, -21 VDC
and the +32 VDC.

If the unit is dead, I would assume the +9.6 is the one not lit. *This
is the setup voltage for the 5 VDC Regulator, which is the logic
power. *You have a fuse at F101 which protects this part of the power
supply.

With more info about the box, maybe I can give better advice.

Respectfully,
David Rebber
Jordan Amusement Co., Inc.
Lubbock, TX- Hide quoted text -

Leon - Will send you an email next week with the price DIP Selectors
in it... I work all this weekend and will need to scan it.. As for a
manual - THere is nothing out there to download.

I would scan it for you but the SCHEMATICS will not take on my scanner
due to size.

John
Old March 2nd 08, 05:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
news

John,
Ok but the pages with the dip-switch settings alone will do fine
Thanks

My mail address is leon.b1( at) scarlet.be

"thabigwolf" schreef in bericht

?
Is it possible to download the pages from the manual explaining the

settings
, i have no manual

Leon fromhttp://www.flipper-pinball-fan.be

"DRebber" schreef in

m...

Old April 2nd 08, 04:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 28, 4:52*am, thabigwolf wrote:
Rock-ola477Maxhelp needed - Powers up with lights - Power Supply
board has 2 LED Lit. No other lights are lit.

I have the manual but wanted to see if any Rock-ola expert knows where
to go from here.

Selector display board is blank along with hit tracker box. Amp box
has no lights also.

John

Hi John,

I know this sounds stupid, but, have you checked the internal fuses in
the power supply. It woul seem your problem is here as you have power
lights, and the lights themselves work so your 240v line seems fine,
it will probably be your 9.6v line thatis down as thats he one that
controls the logic.

You hould disconnect the hit tracker as you wont need this for home
us, and if it goes down it will take other chips with it. As an extra,
if you have a sub board on the hit tracker (a small board between the
hit tracker and the incoming cable) have a look at the chip on this
board, you usually find that its the same one as the logic board I
think (I thnk its the logic board, anyway its one they don't make
anymore).

If your fuses are OK, try to disconnect each module (amp, logic, mech
board etc) and see if any of them are bringing the power supply down.
If not, although it is unusual, try the small board on top of the powr
supply. Try Leon at he has some stuff for the
477 and he is a nice bloke, very approachable.

Best of luck