Seeburg LPC1

Old June 29th 17, 07:29 PM
Dave N. Dave N. is offline
Junior Member

Default Seeburg LPC1

My Seeburg LPC1 was working fine now it will play 33 1/3 but not 45 RPM records.
I replaced the caps in the speed control but did not help. what can be the cause of this problem Any help would be very helpful

Thanks Dave
Old June 30th 17, 11:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Dave, does the relay in the speed unit pull in when a 45 mounts?

If so, the problem is either defective power supply in the speed unit or transistors.

if the relay does not pull in, the problem is likely in the contacts on the mech. Check the contacts on the clamp arm which close when a 45 is clamped.. There are more contacts on the mech which open the circuit to the relay at all times other than when a 45 is clamped.

The plugs on the LPC series were known for faulty connections as well. Since you removed the speed unit to recap it, it is a good idea to check and clean that plug as well.

The LPC was the most complicated machine of its time. If you have never worked on one a service manual w/schematics is essential.

Have the selection receiver and amp been restored?

You are likely to get more help over at these sites:

http://jukeboxaddicts.proboards.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/phonoland

RobNYC

Old July 1st 17, 01:48 AM
Dave N. Dave N. is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Thank You for your help. The relay is pulling in when a 45 is clamped. I will check the plugs. when I started this the 45's would start to play and slow down almost to a stop so I checked the speed unit and 2 of the caps had leaks at the ends so I replaced all of them and then a 45 would not play at all so your right it may be the plug. The amp and the controller have be recap and the mute relay replaced. Yes I do have service info on the LPC1.
Thanks agin Dave
Old July 2nd 17, 02:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Dave, if the mech runs at 33 and the relay pulls in it is unlikely that the plug is the problem.

-Did you replace the large 4mfd cap? Most people use another oil filled cap, I used 4, 1mfd mylar caps (200 vac or higher)similar to what I've used in the stepper plate circuits. http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...TIyMTU=/?ref=1

_Check the speed trimmer pot on the unit front. These are cheap wire-wound and they do develop dead spots. washing or spraying with contact cleaner will usually get them usable again.

-Since the unit did work, albeit poorly, is is possible you made a connection error.

-Check the relay contacts for pitting and make sure there is slight over-travel and "wiping" action.

Transistor can not be overlooked here, but that is rare in this circuit unless there was a short in the motor circuit while a 45 was mounted.

RobNYC
Old July 3rd 17, 01:54 AM
Dave N. Dave N. is offline
[...]

Yes I replaced it with a 4mfd oil cap. I did not know you could use mylars to replace a oil. I will check the control and clean it. could the relay have a bad contact on it.

Odd Seeburg LPC1 problem. Ronald Juke Boxes 1 December 1st 08 05:50 PM
Seeburg LPC1 1963 jmarion Juke Boxes 4 November 24th 08 02:35 AM
Seeburg Console - LPC1 Teddy Juke Boxes 1 July 13th 07 04:38 AM
Seeburg LPC1 [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 January 30th 06 01:45 AM
TECH:Seeburg LPC1 Jukebox "Sits and Spins" Rick Murillo \(Starstream\) Juke Boxes 1 April 3rd 05 05:03 PM