FS (not auction - not eBay): Vintage Toys, Premiums and other Stuff. Email to reserve!

Old July 5th 09, 11:02 PM posted to alt.marketplace.collectables,rec.collecting,rec.toys.vintage
Lurch

Default FS (not auction - not eBay): Vintage Toys, Premiums and other Stuff. Email to reserve!

All of the following are for sale at the price listed. Email
with any questions, for a shipping quote
(include your zipcode) or to reserve items. Payment via money order
or PayPal.

Vintage 1962 Exciting New Game of Kennedys Complete $20.00

Very cool The Exciting New Game of the Kennedys, issued in 1962 by
Transco Adult Games (TAG) which was a division of the noted game
maker, Transogram. Cello is still present over the compartments for
the pieces, but has been broken through and there is some of it gone.
This is a game of "intra-family power struggle" wherein "each player
assumes the role of one of the members of America's first family tries
to triumph over his relatives in the contest for highest national
prominence."

This is complete and includes:
6 playing pieces;
2 dice (I believe original - very clean, white dice);
72 Turn of Events Cards (none with tears, but some have slight rubbing
and light wrinkles);
36 Category Cards (none with tears - all in nice shape);
36 Official Blank Cards (none with tears - all in nice shape);
Stack of Kennedys play money in denominations of 10 thousand, 50
thousand and 100 thousand dollars (no tears - all in nice shape - look
unused, actually);
Original instruction booklet;
Board (litho in very nice shape - has very slight warping, I believe
from storage).

The original inlay has a little bit of rubbing to it. The box is
intact and in nice shape. Lid has one split corner (upper right) and
still has the "About the Game and its Creators" overwrap on the left
hand side. Top edge of lid has some litho chipped off - this measures
about 7/8" in length. Otherwise, it has minor edgewear - very minor -
and two small dark dots.

Really a fantastic example of this odd and interesting game!

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/kennedy.jpg

----------------------

Vintage 1966 Tupperware Zoo-It Yourself Animals with Original Bag
$10.00

Very cool set of Zoo-It Yourself Animals, issued by Tupperware in
1966. This is a complete set (even including the original Tupperware
toys tag on a plastic hang loop), along with the original bag, that
allows you to make three different animals in a variety of
configurations: a dog, a giraffe and an elephant! Examples on the
back of the bag include: Dogaraffe, giraffaphant, gireledog, elepup,
etc.

The bag has rubbing overall to the printed on litho on both sides.
The pieces appear to be unused (all connections are still VERY tight)
and all pieces are in very nice shape. There is a little rubbing to
the paint on the dogs noise, but I believe that is just from rubbing
against other pieces in the bag over the years.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/zoo1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/zoo2.jpg

----------------------

1960s Vintage Lincoln Logs Set 890 Cannister 98 pcs $10.00

This is the #890 set of Lincoln Logs, issued by Playskool. Undated,
but picture appears to be late 1960's. Cannister states that there
are 90 pieces, but there are actually 98 here. Design sheet is no
longer here. Cannister has some rubbing, and the green top is dirty
and has two splits in it (looks like it was cut by a knife or
something along those lines).

Pieces which are he

6 1/8" green slats -- 15;
10 1/2" logs -- 2;
7 1/2" logs -- 2;
4 1/2" logs -- 9;
1 1/2" logs -- 63 (1 with a chunk off, but it almost looks like it was
a manufacturing error?);
Half-logs, all with breaks or wood off them -- 4
Red plastic triangle roof supports -- 2
Yellow plastic chimney -- 1

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/linc1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/linc2.jpg

----------------------

Vintage 1969 Kozmic Kiddles Yello Fello Base Only $5.00

This is the base ONLY for the Yello Fello Kozmic Kiddle. There are
remnants of the clear hatch under the hinged area. Needs a bit of a
cleaning. Has a very small dark spot on the copyright info on the
underside. The wheels move a little bit, then lock. The seat does
not rotate. I do not know if this can be fixed. If not, could still
be used for display? as it is otherwise in nice shape. Sorry the
pictures are a little blurry - our camera does not do well with
smaller items.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/kk1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/kk2.jpg

----------------------

Vintage GI Joe Adventure Team, Action Jackson, Big Jim, etc (?)
Outfits, Boots, and Hats 94 pcs $12.00

This is a large lot of outfits, boots, and hats for GI Joe Adventure
Team figures. There are also outfits for other figures as well - I
think the smaller pieces are for Action Jackson? It's also possible
some of the larger are for Big Jim? Unfortunately, many tags have
been removed (although some do have GI Joe tags still). These have
all been used. Partially loose or pulled threads exist, they pretty
much all have creasing and/or wrinkling, staining or discoloration,
some feel stiff (like they need washing), and a few have tears.

As far as the boots and hats go, I didn't see any with splits. Sorry
there's two pics for these - there were a handful that I didn't get
into the first pic. There is an MP helmet (2nd row, 3rd position)
that has thinning and some warping.

There are 48 uniform pieces, 35 shoes/boots (some are smaller --
for...? Action Jackson?), and 11 hats/helmets.

I really don't know much about these items - I tried to provide lots
of pictures, but please ask any questions or if you would like a
larger pic of any specific item.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe2.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe3.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe4.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe5.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe6.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe7.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe8.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe9.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe10.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/joe11.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/boots1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/boots2.jpg

----------------------

Vintage 1971-77 15" Yosemite Sam Mighty Star Complete with Theme Park
Tags! $10.00

Very cool 15" plush Yosemite Sam, manufactured by Mighty Star. His
sewn in tag is dated 1971. He still has his original front tag
(which is dated 1977), the hang hook off of the back of his hat, along
with a blacked out price tag and stapled to that, a tag which reads,
"Please do not remove this tag while in the park as it is proof of
purchase."

Very clean overall, with just some light surface dirt from storage.
Appears to be unplayed with.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sam1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sam2.jpg

----------------------

3 Vintage 1970s Crest Zoo Animal Finger Puppets (1 MOC) Premiums
$10.00 for all!

This is a lot of 3 Crest Zoo Animal Finger Puppets, which were
premiums from Crest toothpaste in the early 1970s. This lot includes
the lion, the alligator and the beaver. They measure approximately 2
3/4" in height. The beaver is still on the original card, with the
original price tag for the toothpaste. The bottom of the card shows
glue with cardboard remnants as the finger puppet card would be
attached to the tootpaste box. There is clouding to the plastic on
the card. The lion has a light darkish rub near the base on the
front, and a small dark spot on the tip of his mane on the back side.
The alligator has a small red rub near the base, and a very tiny,
faint blue rub, also near the base. Very cool and this comprises half
of the complete set (there was also an elephant, a hippo and a rhino -
all are pictured on the back of the beaver's card - the back of the
card also identifies these as a Crest premium, although I also
remember them from when they first came out in the early 1970s).

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/zoo.jpg

----------------------

4 Vintage Monster Premium Rings Fang Jethro Angel $10.00

Lot of 4 cool ca. early 1970's (or possibly late 1960's?) plastic
premium rings. Not sure of their origin. Set includes Fang, Jethro,
Seymore and Angel, all in nice shape!

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/monsterrings.jpg

----------------------

Vintage Chicks and Chums Vinyl Scrapbook $10.00

Very cool Chicks and Chums vinyl scrapbook, very much in the style of
Ponytail or Dateline items, although this has no maker mentioned
anywhere.

The cover is overall in nice shape, but there is a bit of color off
the orange dress of the girl 4th from the left on the bottom row, and
there is some color off the baton girl in front of her as well. I
think there is a little bit of the black (and in other spots,
minimally, color) worn off in spots on the lettering of "Chicks and
Chums." The back cover has minimal darkish rubbing. Measures 14" x
10".

The first 7 interior pages are not in the best of shape. A couple of
have postcards glued to them, and others have substantial tearing and
paper remnants stuck to them. The rest of the pages are unused and
fine.

Very cool one which I haven't run into before.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/chicks.jpg

----------------------

1970's Aviva Peanuts Snoopy Woodstock Roadster $12.00

Great die cast Aviva Snoopy Roadster all complete with Woodstock (who
is often missing) on the top of the back seat, and the spare tire on
the trunk. Measures 4 3/4" in length. The green seat has some
whitening from age. There is a little dirt and some light
discoloration to a few spots of the yellow (which may or may not clean
up). There are a couple of miniscule paint chips, but not bad at all.
Nice example of this neat piece.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/snoopy2.jpg

----------------------

2 Vintage 1983 Del Monte Country Yumkins Mail-in Plush Premiums:
Scarecrow and Crow. $5.00 for both!

This is a neat pair of Country Yumkins, a line of plush characters
available as a mail-in from Del Monte in 1983. This includes both
Shoo Shoo Scarecrow and Cocky Crow. Both have some minor light
scratching to the plastic over the eyes along with light and minor
surface dirt from storage. They are both actually quite clean and
appear to be unplayed with. Really neat pair, and slightly more
obscure characters from the Country Yumkin line!

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/yum.jpg

----------------------

1970 Hanna Barbera Vintage Wacky Races Framed Picture $15.00

Scarce Wacky Races picture of Mr. Chips and Powerhouse Pierre in the
Buzz Wagon, still with its original white plastic frame! Picture is on
heavy cardboard and is in great shape with just a small amount of
downward bowing on the right side where there is no holder on the
frame (the frame is not broken - it was manufactured this way so you
could slide the picture out on this side. I really haven't seen too
many of these over the years, but I have seen them before (of other
Wacky Races characters), and believe these were probably a store item.
Very obscure, though.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/wacky.jpg

----------------------

1960's Vintage Batman Fruit Drink Carton Homestead Dairies $10.00

Really cool Batman Fruit Drink Carton from the 1960's which was made
by All Star/ Homestead Dairies, Inc. This is a half gallon container
and has never been used.

Has great Batman graphics on it, including the 60's Batman logo, along
with a cut out Batman mask and a cutout Batman which would stand up.
It has slight tannish discoloration along the top edge, I believe from
age. Really neat one in fantastic unused shape!

Shipping within the US is $3.00 for First Class Mail (shipped in an
envelope) or $5.50 for Priority Mail (shipped in a box).

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/batmanfruit.jpg

----------------------

Lot of 7 1980 Olympic Old Time Radio Records: The Shadow - All Sealed!
Only $12.00!

This is a lot of 7 sealed LPs featuring episodes of The Shadow radio
show! There is one duplicate, so 6 different (there are two sealed
copies of SA-15, but only one is shown in the pictures). In 1980,
Olympic Records issued a very rare, limited 17 LP set of episodes of
The Shadow entitled "The Shadow Anthology." They also issued the 17
LPs individually, and this is for seven of the individual issues. All
contain 3 episodes, and are all sealed. Included in the lot a
SA-8 Episodes:
The Isle of the Living Dead (original airdate: 10/13/40)
The Mark of the Black Widow (original airdate: 10/27/40) and
The Creeper (original airdate: 11/3/40)
All starred Bill Johnstone as The Shadow and Marjorie Anderson as
Margo Lane.

SA-11 Episodes:
Etched With Acid (original airdate: 3/17/46)
Walking Corpse (original airdate: 3/24/46) and
The Unburied Dead (original airdate: 4/14/46)
All starred Brett Morrison as The Shadow and Lesley Woods as Margo
Lane.

SA-12 Episodes:
The Gorilla Man (original airdate: 4/21/46)
The Werewolf of Hamilton Mansion (original airdate: 1/5/47) and
The Cat and The Killer (original airdate: 1/12/47)
All starred Brett Morrison as The Shadow and Lesley Woods as Margo
Lane in The Gorilla Man, with Grace Matthews in the role in the other
two episodes.

SA-14 Episodes: The Face (original airdate: 9/21/47)
Death Takes The Wheel (original airdate: 9/28/47) and
The Comic Strip Killer (original airdate: 11/23/47)
All starred Brett Morrison as The Shadow and Grace Matthews as Margo
Lane.

SA-15 (two sealed copies) Episodes: Murder and the Medium (original
airdate: 11/30/47)
A Gift of Murder (original airdate: 12/21/47) and
The Terrible Legend of Crownshield Castle (original airdate: 12/28/47)
All starred Brett Morrison as The Shadow and Grace Matthews as Margo
Lane.

SA-16 Episodes: The House That Death Built (original airdate: 1/25/48)
Terror At Wolf's Head Knoll (original airdate: 2/15/48) and
Stake Out (original airdate: 3/14/48)
All starred Brett Morrison as The Shadow and Grace Matthews as Margo
Lane.

These will ship in a record mailer.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sa8.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sa11.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sa12.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sa14.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sa15.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/sa16.jpg

----------------------

Girls Were Made Take Care of Boys LP Frank Jacobs - Sort of Mad
Magazine-Related $7.00

This is a record album entitled, "Girls Were Made to Take Care of
Boys" issued in 1959 by RCA. Music is by Reg Owen and His Orchestra.
The back of the jacket has quite a humorous and satirical story
written by Frank Jacobs, one of Mad Magazine's longest running
contributors! At the time he penned this, he had only been with Mad
for two years. Please note: nothing else on this record has anything
to do with Mad Magazine, but Jacobs is credited on the back, and it
does mention he is a frequent contributor to Mad Magazine. The title
and jacket photo are also quite humorous. The music on the record is
pretty much classic easy listening.

Jacket has a bump to the upper right corner and a wrinkle to the front
in the lower right corner. No seam splits. Record plays through with
minimal surface noise. Inner sleeve is split and torn and not
original (it's a Capitol records sleeve).

Very cool and obscure piece!

This will ship in a new record mailer.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/girls1.jpg

----------------------

1950s Zeke Manners "Ida Red" Promo Picture Disk From Western-Holly Gas
Ranges $8.00

This is a promotional cardboard picture disk from Western-Holly Gas
Ranges, featuring Zeke Manners performing "Ida Red." I believe this
is from some time around the mid-1950s when Zeke was doing a daily
radio show on ABC out of Los Angeles, but am not positive. It does
state "The Zeke Manners Show - Monday through Friday - American
Broadcasting Company."

This was manufactured by Rainbo Records, who made a large number of
promotional picture disks during this time. Part of the laminate
(which includes the grooves) is off on the outer left hand side, so I
tend to doubt this will play. There is also some scratching and light
creasing. Very cool graphics and very nice display piece!

Ships in an envelope.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/zeke1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/zeke2.jpg

----------------------

1960 Whitman I Like Birds Primer Complete with Workbook and Sleeve!
$6.00

"I Like Birds," printed in 1960 by Whitman as part of their "Help
Yourself Primer Series." This includes the hardcover book, the
softcover workbook, and amazingly, the originally store sleeve-type
holder which has printed on it 49 cents per set!

The workbook has coloring and pencil marks and writing throughout, as
it was used. The upper right corner has upward curling, and the whole
thing curls upwards at the spine. Covers have general wear and stress
marks. The hardcover book is in nice shape with minor chipping to the
lower left corner. I didn't see any markings. Pages open to the
spine, but the string binding still feels strong. The sleeve these go
in has rubbing to the back (reddish rubs) along with creases and a
small tear near the opening where the books slide in. Also has edge
bumping.

Very cool set, and I never see these with the original store sleeve!!

Ships in an envelope unless otherwise requested.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/birds1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/birds2.jpg

----------------------

Rare 1996 Starlog Bookbag 20th Anniversary Featuring Mars Atacks!
$10.00

Canvas bookbag, issued by Starlog in 1996 to commemorate their 20th
Anniversary, and features Mars Attacks (the movie - also released in
1996) on both sides. Front side reads, "A gift from the Martian
ambassador to the membership." Other side reads, "Existence of
Interplanetary Life Confirmed." and "We Come in Peace." It does have
a couple of pulled threads as well as some darkish kind of
lintball-type things (that come off). Basically, it could just use a
small bit of cleaning - nothing serious.

Very cool, and I have never seen one before. Not sure if this was a
premium at a convention, a mail-order item, or what - I just know
(again), I've never seen one, nor could I find any info on it.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/slog.jpg

----------------------

Vintage 60s Chipper Nut Hut Squirrel Cashew Can! Cute! $10.00

Obscure vintage cashew can from Chipper's Nut Hut. Opened (no lid)
and empty. 12 oz. size. Very cool adorable squirrel graphics of
Chipper on this! Carries a five-digit zip code and 4 letter state
abbreviation and appears to be 1960's. Chipper's Nut Hut was based in
Los Angeles, Calif.

Outside has dirt (can be cleaned) and rubbing, particularly at the
bottom. There might be some very small paint chips, but it is hard to
tell prior to cleaning. Also has the original price tag attached to
it which has browned and is brittle (can probably be easily removed if
desired). The price tag is no longer legible - it is completely
browned. Inside of can is clean with some rubbing and darkish
discoloration at seam. Outside bottom has some darkish coloring to
it. No rust.

Really neat one - never seen nor heard of Chipper's Nut Hut before!

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/can1.jpg
http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/can2.jpg

----------------------

1967 Golf LP - Take Strokes off Game Munsingwear $5.00

Vintage golf LP entitled, "10 Ways to Take Strokes Off Your Game,"
issued in 1967 and recorded exclusively for Munsingwear and Dacron.
Cover features a photo of the Munsingwear penguin next to Billy
Casper. The record is narrated by Dow Finsterwald and features tips
from Frank Beard, Billy Casper, Al Geiberger, Tommy Jacobs, Dan Sikes,
Bob Goalby, Don January, Ray Floyd, and Mason Rudolph.

Record itself plays with some surface noise. Jacket has some edge
chipping and some browning to the white paste-on on the back. There
is a split along the top edge (from the opening of the jacket) that is
about an inch and half in length.

Very cool vintage golf piece, either for actual use or display!

This will ship in a new record mailer.

http://www.shiny-object.com/temp2/golf.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Old July 19th 13, 07:41 PM
duckydan duckydan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Hi. I know this is old, but are these items still available?