Tech: Rowe CD100 CDM4 player quirk?

Old November 21st 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry Nelson

Default Tech: Rowe CD100 CDM4 player quirk?

Hello!

I recently purchased 3 Rowe CD jukeboxes (2-CD100 & 1-CD100A). All 3
came with CDM3 players. All 3 work fine except one had problems playing
CD-R discs. The seller graciously decided to swap out the one complete
mech and even gave me another spare complete mech! (great guy!) These 2
mechs are CDM4 players. Both CDM4 mechs work fine but they both behave
differently than the CDM3 mechs in one little annoying way:
If you make multiple selections on the same disc, like 01-03, 01-06,
01-09, the CDM4 mechs return the CD to the magazine after each selection
is played, pulls the same disc back out, and then plays the next
selected track!? On the CDM3 players, the CD remains in play and simply
plays the next selected track.
The older CDM3 mech action seems much more logical and natural.
Certainly quicker and less wear!

So, how can I change this? An EPROM update?
If so, are the latest CCC and/or Mech program files available to share?
(I have an EPROM programmer)

Here is hardware and software I have:
All 3 CCCs are 40832201 V2.1 (CD100) or V2.4 (CD100A)
CDM3 mechs are 61030705 V2.4
CDM4 mechs are 61048101 V3.1

Also are there any firmware revisions I might need? If so, is there a
to-do list somewhere?

Although I'm new to the CD Jukebox world I've been involved in Pinball
repair for the last 20+ years so I'm not afraid to get my feet wet!

Thanks for any and all help!

Terry
Old November 21st 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Terry Nelson wrote:
[...]

CDM-3s rarely (almost never) would work with home-burned CDs. For it to
work you must have a single session and have it recorded in the original
rules for CD-Audio - of which I have no exact idea, that's what search
engines are for...

Convert to CD-Pro or MP3 are two other options.

Good luck!

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com
Old November 21st 07, 06:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default WTB:/WTT: CDM-3/4/12/Pro players...

If anyone is taking CD-players our of thier jukes for conversion to MP3s
etc. I am interested in buying the old parts.

Needless to say, they aren't worth MUCH to me, just I want them as
backups for my jukebox customers.

I have lots of NOS (New Old Stock) 45RPM parts for Wurlitzer (US and
German) plus NSM and Seeburg that I would consider trading in kind.

John :-#)#
Old November 25th 07, 12:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Nov 22, 4:16 am, Terry Nelson wrote:
[...]

The latest CCC rom I have is a version 4.3, there are no known
problems with it that I have found. The CDM 3 mechs I have use ver
2.4 from memory - they work fine with customers burnt discs

Note that these players are all getting to be over 15 years old, and
getting to the end of their useful life,
If you want my advice, try the MP3 conversion kit from www.cdadapter.com.
Know of about 20 of these in home use machines I have serviced over in
the last 3 years or so with no problems at all. Takes only a few
minutes to fit, replaces entire CD mechanism, just plugs in, and needs
NO technical skills to install.
Old November 25th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

On Nov 25, 4:22 am, kreed wrote:
On Nov 22, 4:16 am, Terry Nelson wrote:

If you want my advice, try the MP3 conversion kit fromwww.cdadapter.com.
Know of about 20 of these in home use machines I have serviced over in
the last 3 years or so with no problems at all. Takes only a few
minutes to fit, replaces entire CD mechanism, just plugs in, and needs
NO technical skills to install

Remember, those MP3 conversion kits are for HOME USE only. They are
not licensed for commercial use.