Mis-printed English £10 note

Old August 22nd 05, 10:29 PM
Frank

Default Mis-printed English £10 note

An ATM recently dispensed a current Bank of England £10 note (Andrew Bailey)
with some of the colours shifted sideways on one side only. The large £10
sign and the Queen's head are both 8mm shifted towards the left, but other
colours are still correct. Where can I find out more about printing defects
and are they collectable?

Thanks,
Frank

Old August 22nd 05, 11:13 PM
Scottishmoney

"Frank" wrote in message
.. .
An ATM recently dispensed a current Bank of England £10 note (Andrew
Bailey) with some of the colours shifted sideways on one side only. The
large £10 sign and the Queen's head are both 8mm shifted towards the left,
but other colours are still correct. Where can I find out more about
printing defects and are they collectable?

Thanks,
Frank

By all means these are collectible. If you could give a general, no need to
be specific, idea of your area, several collectors here can refer you to
reputable local dealers near you whom can evaluate the note.

Old August 23rd 05, 10:33 AM
note.boy

When that type of error occurs on a Scottish note there's a part of the design
on the back shifted in the opposite direction, have a look for than.

Scan the note, both sides, and send it to Pam West and she may make an offer,
then search completed auctions on ebay for similar error notes.

The fact that the error includes the Queen's head will probably make it more
desirable than if it hadn't. Billy

http://www.britishnotes.co.uk/index2.shtml

Old August 24th 05, 06:07 PM
Frank

Thanks for the offer of recommending reputable dealers. I'm north of London
on Herts/Essex border.
Cheers,
Frank

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message