Pop Survey - June

Old June 18th 05, 06:36 PM
Bluesea

Default Pop Survey - June

I can't recall the last time anyone asked these questions, so here goes...

1. What is/are your favorite fountain pen(s) for extensive writing?

2. What is/are your favorite rollerball(s)?

3. What is/are your favorite ballpoint(s)?

4. What is/are your favorite gel(s)?

5. Which is/are your carry-around(s)?

Me:

1. Namiki Falcon, Parker Sonnet, Parker Reflex, rOtring Core, Cross ATX -
all fine or XF.
2. Parker Sonnet fine point
3. Parker, Fisher refills in Sensa pens, Pentel (stick)
4. Pentel Hybrid gel (stick)
5. My carry-arounds are a Namiki Vanishing Point, a Sonnet mp, and I keep a
Parker Jotter w/ Fisher refill in the car.

--
~~Bluesea~~ making up for those months w/o a Pop Survey

Old June 18th 05, 10:09 PM
*david*

What's a Sonnet mp? I think I've seen this twice in a couple of days.

Old June 18th 05, 11:08 PM
Bluesea

"*david*" wrote in message
oups.com...
What's a Sonnet mp? I think I've seen this twice in a couple of days.

Mechanical pencil - Parker discontinued the Sonnet mp last year, IIRC.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old June 18th 05, 11:37 PM
KCat

"Bluesea" wrote in message
I can't recall the last time anyone asked these questions, so here goes...

1. What is/are your favorite fountain pen(s) for extensive writing?

Pelikan M200 - has been for 7 years plus. I have about 37 pens.

2. What is/are your favorite rollerball(s)?

don't have one. don't like 'em.

3. What is/are your favorite ballpoint(s)?

A cross pen that is rather fat and well-balanced.

4. What is/are your favorite gel(s)?

Pilot G2 or Dr. Grip with G2 refill.

5. Which is/are your carry-around(s)?

Kaweco sport, Namiki VP.

you forgot Mechanical pencil.

Pelikan D200. Though I wouldn't mind having the White Tortoise D400.

Old June 18th 05, 11:40 PM
Bluesea

"KCat" wrote in message

you forgot Mechanical pencil.

Oy vey!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old June 19th 05, 01:18 AM
KCat

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"KCat" wrote in message

you forgot Mechanical pencil.

Oy vey!

well, I see you did mention it in your list. Just not as a question.

Old June 19th 05, 01:47 AM
Sonam Dasara

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:36:40 -0500, Bluesea typed:

I can't recall the last time anyone asked these questions, so here goes...

1. What is/are your favorite fountain pen(s) for extensive writing?

A toss up between my 20 year-old Montblanc Noblesse and my Lamy 2000,
both with 1.1mm italic cursive nibs by Richard B.

2. What is/are your favorite rollerball(s)?

3. What is/are your favorite ballpoint(s)?

4. What is/are your favorite gel(s)?

5. Which is/are your carry-around(s)?

--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
6/18/2005 8:44:56 PM
Old June 19th 05, 03:53 AM
Virtual Gordon

"Bluesea" wrote in message
I can't recall the last time anyone asked these questions, so here goes...

1. What is/are your favorite fountain pen(s) for extensive writing?

Pelikan M250 fine nib, Parker "51" 1950 aerometric fine nib
2. What is/are your favorite rollerball(s)?

Pelikan R200
3. What is/are your favorite ballpoint(s)

Pelikan K250, K400
4. What is/are your favorite gel(s)?

Parker GEL Refill for ballpoints medium, Pilot G-2 in 0.7 mm
5. Which is/are your carry-around(s)?

Pilot (Namiki) Capless medium nib insert, Parker "51", Pelikan K250, Lamy
Safari medium nib (with red ink for markups and corrections)

Gordon

Old June 20th 05, 05:01 AM
j fabian

In article , Bluesea
wrote:

1. What is/are your favorite fountain pen(s) for extensive writing?

MB 149, either vintage 1985 or vintage 1955 (yes, I have both) both
with medium nibs & Namiki black ink

2. What is/are your favorite rollerball(s)?

I really, really dislike rollerballs

3. What is/are your favorite ballpoint(s)?

PaperMate black fine point

4. What is/are your favorite gel(s)?

IMHO there's not much difference between gels and rollers...

5. Which is/are your carry-around(s)?

* MB 149 (see above)
* Pelikan Originals of their Time 1931 yellow gold, fine nib, Namiki
black ink
* Namiki Panda Maki-e, Japanese Fine nib, Namiki black ink
* Pelikan tanslucent blue M600, medium nib, MB blue-black or "Squink"
blue-black (if I'm feeling particularly blue)

6. What is/are your favorite mechanical pencil(s)?

Pemtel .9mm, soft lead
Carandache Fixpencil 2mm architectural leadholder, everything from 6B
to 9H

--
ls -a: .sig: No such file or directory
Old June 20th 05, 03:16 PM
Juhapekka Tolvanen

"Bluesea" writes:

1. What is/are your favorite fountain pen(s) for extensive writing?

Probably Waterman Phileas, but I am not very sure yet, because I just
got it from nib exchange (from medium to fine). So, now I can start
really writing with it. But at least I have found Parker Reflex to be
good for long writing sessions.

2. What is/are your favorite rollerball(s)?

I don't have one.

3. What is/are your favorite ballpoint(s)?

Parker Reflex Stainless Steel.

4. What is/are your favorite gel(s)?

I have just Pilot G-2 07 and it seems okay. Probably my Parker Reflex
would be nice gel pen, if I bought some good Parker-style gel cartridge
for it. But I'd rather try out those gel cartridges by Yafa, because
some people told in this newsgroups that Parker gel cartridges suck.

http://www.hisnibs.com/ink_refills.htm

5. Which is/are your carry-around(s)?

I carry both fountain pen and ballpoint pen. Sometimes they are of
series called Parker Reflex and sometimes of series Parker Jotter.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Lennän taas. Olen juppihippipunkkari ja vaihdan paikkaa. Lennän taas. Turha