Win a Phileas fountain pen kit!

Old March 7th 05, 04:03 PM
Norman M. Schwartz

"KCat" wrote in message

Besides, IMO, the Phileas is one of the best FPs for the dollar out there.
I've had at least 10 pass through my hands in the past several years and
every one of 'em has been an excellent writer.

Best FP out there for the dollar is the Pelikan Go.

Old March 7th 05, 04:04 PM
Norman M. Schwartz

"KCat" wrote

Old March 7th 05, 08:14 PM
KCat

"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message

Best FP out there for the dollar is the Pelikan Go.

all a matter of opinion. I found the Go to be flimsy and finicky. I had to
adjust the flow on two of the three I *had*. fortunately, the recipients
like them.

Old March 8th 05, 12:47 AM
john cline ii

"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote:

| Best FP out there for the dollar is the Pelikan Go.

Not for my money. Stingy flow, poorly constructed. I much prefer the
Pelikano or the Lamy Safari....

john cline ii, who says different pens for different peeps!

Old March 8th 05, 06:05 PM
Norman M. Schwartz

"KCat" wrote in message
m...
"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message

Best FP out there for the dollar is the Pelikan Go.

all a matter of opinion. I found the Go to be flimsy and finicky. I had
adjust the flow on two of the three I *had*. fortunately, the recipients
like them.

It's flimsy all right, but my Go! sample smoothly lays down a fine wet line
even after weeks of being idle. Additionally, it never "leaks" into the cap
nor skips even part of a stroke. I wish some of my other FPs, which are in
better trappings and costing more than ten times as much would perform as
well.

Old March 9th 05, 05:40 AM
Vic Drastik

"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message

"KCat" wrote in message
m...
"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message

Best FP out there for the dollar is the Pelikan Go.

all a matter of opinion. I found the Go to be flimsy and finicky. I

had
to adjust the flow on two of the three I *had*. fortunately, the

recipients
like them.

It's flimsy all right, but my Go! sample smoothly lays down a fine wet

line
even after weeks of being idle. Additionally, it never "leaks" into the

cap
nor skips even part of a stroke. I wish some of my other FPs, which are in
better trappings and costing more than ten times as much would perform as
well.

Absolutely! Pelikan deliberately made it ugly so it would not steal sales
from the M200 and M400. Its writing performance is not far behind my M200,
M405 and M800. Ideal beginner's pen.

Vic