Win a Phileas fountain pen kit!

Old March 3rd 05, 05:22 PM
Avery

Default Win a Phileas fountain pen kit!

Win one of three Waterman Phileas fountain pen kits at Rambling Snail!
http://www.ramblingsnail.net/forums/

Only a week to go before the first of three Waterman Phileas kits is
awarded! If you already have a Phileas and don't want to keep the pen
for yourself, Oscar Braun Pens will ship the fountain pen and ink set
directly to whomever you choose as the recipient. Shipping is covered
worldwide, if you win all you have to do is provide an address!

Day 10 Award: To win all you need to do is have a completely customized
Rambling Snail member account. All active Member accounts will be
considered eligible for selection as long as the customizations are
complete.

Day 20 Award: Eligibility for this kit will be for members who submit a
review!

Day 30 Award: The final kit will be awarded for the most captivating
fountain pen experience (fiction, nonfiction, prose, etc. all entries
will be considered).

Only three kits will be awarded; one kit every ten days.
Please read for complete details.
http://www.ramblingsnail.net/forums/...?showtopic=558

Curious as to what a Waterman Phileas fountain pen kit is?
1 Waterman Phileas fountain pen
1 bottle Waterman ink
5 Waterman ink cartridges
1 Waterman converter
1 Blotter paper
1 Cleaning cloth
1 How to write with a fountain pen booklet
List Price: $50.00 US

Kind regards,
Avery A. Hise
Founder, RSFPC

Old March 4th 05, 12:38 AM
Earl Camembert

On 3 Mar 2005 09:22:33 -0800, "Avery" wrote:

Win one of three Waterman Phileas fountain pen kits at Rambling Snail!
http://www.ramblingsnail.net/forums/

That is a crappy prize. How about an Edison?
Old March 4th 05, 01:38 AM
KCat

"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
(crappy comment deleted)

That's a crappy response - how about getting a life. Avery and others who
provide a place for pen folks to socialize and learn are doing a great
service to the community.

Besides, IMO, the Phileas is one of the best FPs for the dollar out there.
I've had at least 10 pass through my hands in the past several years and
every one of 'em has been an excellent writer. Much better than I can say
for a lot of pricier pens. I have two of my own that I'll never part with.

Old March 4th 05, 01:54 AM
pavane

"KCat" wrote in message
"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
(crappy comment deleted)

That's a crappy response - how about getting a life. Avery and others who
provide a place for pen folks to socialize and learn are doing a great
service to the community.

Besides, IMO, the Phileas is one of the best FPs for the dollar out there.

.... and Earl is one of the worst humans out there, regardless of price.

pavane

Old March 4th 05, 04:42 AM
Avery

I've milled over the idea of putting up my Aiken Lambert circa 1900
pen as a prize for a contest someday; that should entice a considerable
number of vintage buffs considering the pen is as close to mint as I
have ever seen!

But until that day, the Phileas is a prize being awarded as a complete
kit. The idea is to gift this pen to someone who does not have a
fountain pen to write with. In my opinion the Phileas is classy enough
to be given as gift to a colleague, prot=E9g=E9, family member, you get
the idea. It's a great first pen for anyone at any age! The medium
nib is a great starting line and the pen writes well for lefties as
well as righties, or so I've heard from all the converts who I have
recommended the Phileas as a first pen to.

Proliferation of the hobby is the intention of the gift; some will want
this for their own collection, some will want to give it as a gift to
someone else. The idea is to put the pen and ink into someone's hand
who will write with it.

;-)

Avery

Old March 4th 05, 02:27 PM
Cliff Reynolds

Well said!

"Avery" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've milled over the idea of putting up my Aiken Lambert circa 1900
pen as a prize for a contest someday; that should entice a considerable
number of vintage buffs considering the pen is as close to mint as I
have ever seen!

But until that day, the Phileas is a prize being awarded as a complete
kit. The idea is to gift this pen to someone who does not have a
fountain pen to write with. In my opinion the Phileas is classy enough
to be given as gift to a colleague, protégé, family member, you get

Old March 4th 05, 07:04 PM
Steven Banks

"Avery" wrote in message
ups.com...
Win one of three Waterman Phileas fountain pen kits at Rambling Snail!
http://www.ramblingsnail.net/forums/

Only a week to go before the first of three Waterman Phileas kits is
awarded! If you already have a Phileas and don't want to keep the pen
for yourself, Oscar Braun Pens will ship the fountain pen and ink set
directly to whomever you choose as the recipient. Shipping is covered
worldwide, if you win all you have to do is provide an address!

SNIPPED for content

Kind regards,
Avery A. Hise
Founder, RSFPC

Avery,

The gesture on your behalf and Oscar Braun Pens is appreciated.

More importantly, this campaign is doing exactly what you intended. Which is
to get people like me off our duffs to participate on your site. So I went
ahead and signed up. A lot of valuable and fun information on your site.

Thanks again,
Steve Banks

Old March 4th 05, 07:46 PM
KCat

"Proliferation of the hobby is the intention of the gift; some will want
this for their own collection, some will want to give it as a gift to
someone else. The idea is to put the pen and ink into someone's hand
who will write with it.

;-)

Avery"

You're so much nicer about this than I am, Avery.

Old March 6th 05, 03:17 PM
Avery

Thanks all for the kind words and support. ;-)

Best,
Avery

Old March 6th 05, 10:44 PM
Earl Camembert

On 6 Mar 2005 07:17:01 -0800, "Avery" wrote:

Thanks all for the kind words and support. ;-)

Best,
Avery

Don't mention it, I do it all of the time.