Penspotting: Queen Elizabeth

Old January 26th 05, 03:23 PM
Tim McNamara

Default Penspotting: Queen Elizabeth

I watched a PBS show about the Queen and her family- really a rather
interesting slice of 20th century British history, BTW- and there was
a scene of the Queen reading and signing papers at her desk. This
looked pretty recent, I would say, from her appearance.

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like the
recent LE in blue with silver cap.
Old January 28th 05, 01:55 AM
so what

Tim McNamara wrote:

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like the
recent LE in blue with silver cap.

What? She didn't use a Parker Accession LE?
(did I post this correctly?)

satrap
concerned about protocol

Old January 28th 05, 02:15 AM
Jeff Miars

so what wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like the
recent LE in blue with silver cap.

What? She didn't use a Parker Accession LE?
(did I post this correctly?)

satrap
concerned about protocol

A while back I suggested split posting. Don't you really think part of
your response should be above and part below.

I'm so confused now.

Please help us, Tim.

Old January 28th 05, 04:14 AM
JimL

so what wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like the
recent LE in blue with silver cap.

What? She didn't use a Parker Accession LE?
(did I post this correctly?)

satrap
concerned about protocol

She has already exceeded. Look at the next two generations she begat.

Old January 28th 05, 04:18 AM
Tim McNamara

"so what" writes:

Tim McNamara wrote:

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like the
recent LE in blue with silver cap.

What? She didn't use a Parker Accession LE?

Well, not in the clip I saw, at least. 'Twas clearly a 51 in blue,
and the cap had that shiny polished look of the LE. However, she is
Queen, after akk, and may have a Parker to match every Corgi.

Sadly I did not see what color ink she writes with. Royal blue, one
presumes.

(did I post this correctly?)

satrap concerned about protocol

Perfectly correct as always, ma'am.
Old January 28th 05, 04:20 AM
Tim McNamara

Jeff Miars writes:

so what wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like the
recent LE in blue with silver cap.

What? She didn't use a Parker Accession LE?

(did I post this correctly?)

satrap

concerned about protocol

A while back I suggested split posting. Don't you really think part
of your response should be above and part below.

I'm so confused now.

Please help us, Tim.

You're a smart lad. I have faith you'll figure it out.
Old January 28th 05, 05:19 AM
so what

Tim informed us:
Sadly I did not see what color ink she writes with. Royal blue, one

presumes

sigh. This is going to make john cline ii feel like royalty or
something.

satrap
for the House of Orange

Old January 28th 05, 12:54 PM
mz

so what wrote:
Tim informed us:

Sadly I did not see what color ink she writes with. Royal blue, one

presumes

sigh. This is going to make john cline ii feel like royalty or
something.

satrap
for the House of Orange

Except that it won't be Aurora blue, but a Diamine blue if she is
concerned with the economic welfare of her subjects. :0)

Mark Z.
Old January 28th 05, 02:36 PM
Tim McNamara

"JimL" writes:

so what wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:

The pen she used was obviously a Parker 51, and it looked like
the recent LE in blue with silver cap.

What? She didn't use a Parker Accession LE? (did I post this
correctly?)

satrap concerned about protocol

She has already exceeded. Look at the next two generations she
begat.

Why? What types of fountain pens do they use?
Old January 28th 05, 02:39 PM
Tim McNamara

"so what" writes:

Tim informed us:
Sadly I did not see what color ink she writes with. Royal blue, one
presumes

sigh. This is going to make john cline ii feel like royalty or
something.

Oh dear. Well, he is the King of Coasters already, so perhaps this is
not wholly without merit.

satrap
for the House of Orange

Well, if it's of any consolation, second in line to the throne is
Prince William, if I remember correctly. Perhaps he will hew to the
choice of his namesake!

Queen Elizabeth II * Duke of Edinburgh signatures on eBay Kat66 Autographs 0 December 21st 04 08:25 PM
TTM-autographs (Elisha Cuthbert, Mischa Barton, Tia Carrere, Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Hurley)? Friedrich 'Friedi' Holz Autographs 6 May 4th 04 02:21 AM
Elizabeth Smart & Other Addresses??? ICKIECUP Autographs 4 November 22nd 03 09:35 AM
Elizabeth Gracen Mark S. Autographs 1 November 10th 03 12:03 PM
Signed Album 'A Night At The Opera' by Queen Gavin Gillespie Autographs 0 August 7th 03 07:13 PM