Recommendation for a good but cheap refillable rollerball?

Old August 4th 04, 11:20 PM
none

Default Recommendation for a good but cheap refillable rollerball?

I've been hooked on Pilot VBall/VBall Grip rollerball pens because they
write very smoothly. However, they're very expensive and can't be
refilled. It also seems that Pilot has replaced its line of refillable
rollerballs with refillable gel ink pens, which don't write as smoothly
or last nearly as long.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap,
smooth-writing, and refillable rollerball?

Thanks,
-Mike
Old August 5th 04, 12:27 AM
Jeff Miars

Lyra Roller Balls. Try he

http://stores.ebay.com/Soho-Enterprises

Old August 5th 04, 12:30 AM
john cline ii

| none wrote in part:
|
| I've been hooked on Pilot VBall/VBall Grip rollerball pens because
they
| write very smoothly. However, they're very expensive and can't be
| refilled. It also seems that Pilot has replaced its line of
refillable
| rollerballs with refillable gel ink pens, which don't write as
smoothly
| or last nearly as long.

Not to my knowledge. I can still buy rollerballs from Pilot at
Wal*Mart and at http://www.pencity.com I highly recommend the
latter....

john cline ii, who hopes that helps (and who is a BIG fan of Pilot V7's
in blue...never liked the Vballs much...but love liquid ink
rollerballs....

Old August 5th 04, 07:42 AM
Manfred

have a look at
http://specialpens.com

fantastic pens at good prices .

Old August 6th 04, 05:52 PM
Jose B. Ruivo

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:20:36 GMT, none wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap,
smooth-writing, and refillable rollerball?

I assume that you're not after a rollerball which you can refill with
an ink cartridge of the kind that fountain pens use . . .

If that is the case, my recomendation goes wholeheartdly to the Lamy
pens, specially the *capless* rollerball pens, such as the Lamy Swift
(model 330), or the Lamy Tipo (model 337) of which I own one :-)

The whole range of Lamy rollerballs is he
http://www.lamy.de/en/neuigkeiten/

Besides Lamy refills, they take - at least - Rotring (style), and
Visconti refills.

Regards,
Jose B. Ruivo

Old August 7th 04, 06:02 PM
Bluesea

"none" wrote in message
I've been hooked on Pilot VBall/VBall Grip rollerball pens because they
write very smoothly. However, they're very expensive and can't be
refilled. It also seems that Pilot has replaced its line of refillable
rollerballs with refillable gel ink pens, which don't write as smoothly
or last nearly as long.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap,
smooth-writing, and refillable rollerball?

Parker?

I haven't tried one, but I like their bp and gel refills. Sorry, I've seen
the rb refills in Wal-Mart and Staples but can't recall the price. The pen
itself can be had for $10 (I paid ~$7 for the Reflex fp and the bp was
less, so that should give you some idea) and I'm confident that other
models, like the Sonnet, have a rb if you ever have a desire for something
pricier.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old August 7th 04, 06:33 PM
Dave

Bluesea wrote:

"none" wrote in message
I've been hooked on Pilot VBall/VBall Grip rollerball pens because they
write very smoothly. However, they're very expensive and can't be
refilled. It also seems that Pilot has replaced its line of refillable
rollerballs with refillable gel ink pens, which don't write as smoothly
or last nearly as long.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap,
smooth-writing, and refillable rollerball?

Parker?

I haven't tried one, but I like their bp and gel refills.

Parker rollerball refills are not up to the standard of their other
refills. At all.

David
Old August 9th 04, 01:45 AM
john cline ii

"Dave" wrote:

| Bluesea wrote:
|
| "none" wrote in message
| I've been hooked on Pilot VBall/VBall Grip rollerball pens
because they
| write very smoothly. However, they're very expensive and can't be
| refilled. It also seems that Pilot has replaced its line of
refillable
| rollerballs with refillable gel ink pens, which don't write as
smoothly
| or last nearly as long.
|
| Does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap,
| smooth-writing, and refillable rollerball?
|
| Parker?
|
| I haven't tried one, but I like their bp and gel refills.
|

| Parker rollerball refills are not up to the standard of their other
| refills. At all.

Yes and no. The fine point ones (0.5) are among the very BEST. The
mediums (0.7) are among the very worst. At least in my experience.
The mediums blob and goop and do all kinds of weird stuff. The fines
behave quite nicely.

And the gel refills for the ballpens work fine, except the red, which
turns burgundy in short order. Mysteriously, these seem to work fine
in 0.5 OR 0.7!

Thank goodness no one said it had to make sense!

john cline ii, who says you are missing something if you haven't tried
the fine Parker rollerball refills...

Old August 9th 04, 02:06 AM
Bluesea

"john cline ii" wrote in message

And the gel refills for the ballpens work fine, except the red, which
turns burgundy in short order.

I've been deprived. My red gels started out that way. It would have been fun
to see them change colors.

john cline ii, who says you are missing something if you haven't tried
the fine Parker rollerball refills...

Okay, I'll pick one up the next time I'm out.

Just the refill, right? I don't have to buy a pen until I'm convinced that I
reallyreallyreally need one to satisfy my soul?

--
~~Bluesea~~the Deprived

Old August 9th 04, 02:17 AM
john cline ii

"Bluesea" wrote:|
| "john cline ii" wrote:

| john cline ii, who says you are missing something if you haven't
tried
| the fine Parker rollerball refills...
|
| Okay, I'll pick one up the next time I'm out.
|
| Just the refill, right? I don't have to buy a pen until I'm convinced
that I
| reallyreallyreally need one to satisfy my soul?

Just make sure you get the 0.5....the FINE was a size moniker, not an
adjective meaning great quality in this instance!

john cline ii, who hopes that helps