Evaluation of Coin Collection

Old February 12th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Evaluation of Coin Collection

Hi,

My wife and I have recently been handed my father's old coin collection. We know absolutely nothing about coin collections and have only just bought some coin albums to store them. We have a few hundred coins - manily european, canadian and US. I'm not sure how old the coins are but I have seen some very old looking ones (roman coins?) indeed.

Could someone point us in the right direction as to how we can get our coins evaluated/appraised?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vijay
Old February 12th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Vijay wrote:

Hi,

My wife and I have recently been handed my father's old coin
collection. We know absolutely nothing about coin collections and have
only just bought some coin albums to store them. We have a few hundred
coins - manily european, canadian and US. I'm not sure how old the
coins are but I have seen some very old looking ones (roman coins?)
indeed.

Could someone point us in the right direction as to how we can get our
coins evaluated/appraised?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vijay

You could look up a dealer in your area.

http://www.money.org/ana_custom/dealer_search/

JAM
Old February 12th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Vijay wrote:
Hi,

My wife and I have recently been handed my father's old coin collection.
We know absolutely nothing about coin collections and have only just
bought some coin albums to store them. We have a few hundred coins -
manily european, canadian and US. I'm not sure how old the coins are but
I have seen some very old looking ones (roman coins?) indeed.

Could someone point us in the right direction as to how we can get our
coins evaluated/appraised?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vijay

The first thing is that you shouldn't handle the coins in a damaging
manner, which is common for neophytes to do. If you intend to place them
in albums, you should read up on how to safely transfer them into
protective containers.
Old February 12th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Thanks Adolphe! We are in Illinois so we will definitely look up a reputable
dealer.

Old February 12th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Thanks Edwin. We have so far been handling the coins very delicately but
will look up how to transfer them to the albums carefully.

Old February 12th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

try looking at www.collectingcoins.info a new site but well worth a
look

Pat

Vijay wrote:
Hi,

My wife and I have recently been handed my father's old coin collection. We know absolutely nothing about coin collections and have only just bought some coin albums to store them. We have a few hundred coins - manily european, canadian and US. I'm not sure how old the coins are but I have seen some very old looking ones (roman coins?) indeed.

Could someone point us in the right direction as to how we can get our coins evaluated/appraised?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vijay
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C62FB6.836B2BB0

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=#ffffff background=""
DIV align=justifyFONT face=Tahoma color=#000080Hi,BRBRMy wife and I have
recently been handed my father's old coin collection. We know absolutely nothing
about coin collections and have only just bought some coin albums to store them.
We have a few hundred coins - manily european, canadian and US. I'm not sure how
old the coins are but I have seen some very old looking ones (roman coins?)
indeed.BRBRCould someone point us in the right direction as to how we can
get our coins evaluated/appraised?BRBRThanks in advance for your
help.BRVijay/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C62FB6.836B2BB0--

Old February 12th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Thanks for the link Pat.

Old February 13th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In a recent message wrote:

try looking at
www.collectingcoins.info a new site but well worth a
look

Pat

It is NOT worth a look.

It is totally useless if you want to find out anything about coins.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :