Special Delivery + Postage Due cover

Old February 22nd 10, 06:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_5_]

Default Special Delivery + Postage Due cover

I came across this from an online seller in Hong Kong, and it reminded me
of the interests of someone in the group, but for the life of me I can't
remember whose: http://tr.im/PhcW

Can someone help me make out the text to the left of the cover? What
sort of delivery are they advertising before "Holiday Delivery"?

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old February 22nd 10, 02:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Feb 22, 1:55*am, Joshua McGee wrote:
I came across this from an online seller in Hong Kong, and it reminded me
of the interests of someone in the group, but for the life of me I can't
remember whose:http://tr.im/PhcW

Can someone help me make out the text to the left of the cover? *What
sort of delivery are they advertising before "Holiday Delivery"?

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earthhttp://www.mcgees.org

Looks like someone either connected to State Savings and Loan or not
is using a business envelope for personal use.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old February 22nd 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_5_]

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 06:36:16 -0800, Ralphael1 wrote:

Looks like someone either connected to State Savings and Loan or not is
using a business envelope for personal use.

Thank you, but what I meant was the handstamp applied by the PO that
reads:

[Something] and Holiday Delivery
Have your Mail [something] SPECIAL DELIVERY

Can someone make out the rest?

Old February 22nd 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bc92

bc92 a écrit :

[Something] and Holiday Delivery
Have your Mail [something] SPECIAL DELIVERY

Can someone make out the rest?

Sorry, I hit something on the keyboard I shouldn't have.

[Something] (Sunday) and Holiday Delivery
Have your Mail (come) SPECIAL DELIVERY

My best guess, with the first word still missing.

Regards,

--
Cordialement,
Bruno

Old February 22nd 10, 05:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Joshua. I wonder of it could be Night-Sunday and Holiday Delivery?
Splitting the colour channels didn't help me much, I'm afraid.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old February 22nd 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Feb 22, 1:55�am, Joshua McGee wrote:
I came across this from an online seller in Hong Kong, and it reminded me
of the interests of someone in the group, but for the life of me I can't
remember whose:http://tr.im/PhcW

Can someone help me make out the text to the left of the cover? �What
sort of delivery are they advertising before "Holiday Delivery"?

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earthhttp://www.mcgees.org

The marking reads " Night - Sunday - Holiday.." and advertises that
mail sent special delivery would, no matter what day or time it
arrived at final destination, an attempt would be made to deliver it.
Old February 24th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_5_]

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:16:38 -0800, rroyperfin wrote:

The marking reads " Night - Sunday - Holiday.." and advertises that mail
sent special delivery would, no matter what day or time it arrived at
final destination, an attempt would be made to deliver it.

Thank you to all who responded on and off-list.