Ebay problems?

Old December 17th 05, 04:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Default Ebay problems?

I have been having problems on Ebay for two weeks now. Everything is
SLOOOOOW. I ran 4 ad/spyware programs, cleaned out all my temp files
and defraged but still unable to connect, connect all the way, or each
page takes several minutes or longer to load.

I'll be calling my cable company. It's been intermittent in that I've
had some problems JUST with Ebay and some with the internet period,
but today seems just to be Ebay. As this and the mail is working.

Anyone else having problems?
Old December 17th 05, 06:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

it's called the holidays...this time of year, more stuff is on ebay.
more peopler are also buying, and bidding a lot. obviously just making
things much much slower.

Old December 17th 05, 06:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:59:42 -0500, Sue H wrote:

For what its worth,I've noticed a definite slow down on ebay over the
last week or so. My guess would be its due to the increased traffic on
ebay for the holiday season.

Old December 17th 05, 08:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Clean out all your cookies, history, get in your temporary internet files
and clean them out. Manually check to make sure the folders are all empty
in windows. Set your history to "1 day" storage of files.

Old December 17th 05, 10:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Did all that twice... Been on the phone THREE times with the cable
people... got a new modem... got a new splitter and cable and they are
telling me they can't figure it out. Next two things they suggest is
the cable line outside the house (their signal keeps going on and off
for us) or the hub. Man, this sucks; I will be on only
intermittently. They are coming out to the house Monday.

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:01:30 -0800, "The Autograph King"
wrote:

Clean out all your cookies, history, get in your temporary internet files
and clean them out. Manually check to make sure the folders are all empty
in windows. Set your history to "1 day" storage of files.

.. .

Old December 17th 05, 10:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:30:28 -0500, Sue H wrote:
Your lucky you only have to wait a couple days.Last time I had
problems ( dead cable modem) it took my crappy ISP ( Adelphia) almost
2 weeks to schedule me a serviveman.Then, they sent some twit who
could barely tell one end of the screwdriver from the other,they
"forgot" to put the modem on the truck,and had to come "right
back",about 5 hours later.They had no clue how to hook up the
system,they blamed my router for the problems. After the 2 stooges
left,I pluged in the modem,router,followed the directions and had it
working within a half hour.Hope you have better luck with your
ISP/cable provider. (g)

wrote:

Clean out all your cookies, history, get in your temporary internet files
and clean them out. Manually check to make sure the folders are all empty
in windows. Set your history to "1 day" storage of files.

. ..

Old December 17th 05, 11:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

LOL I gotta say... Cox has continually short outages etc but on the
service, they are the best. NEVER had a problem with them coming out.
As a matter of fact with Hurricane Isabelle, we had cable service
before phone service and they were out fixing the line within a couple
hours after we called when thousands of customers had same issues.
They were fast and really upbeat. It was pretty amazing. I don't say
that lightly either as most service is CRAP these days (man, from the
sour looks of checkout clerks to bank people who get lippy to sales
clerks who ignore you when you ask for help. And that Home Depot guy
(Nigel) who is about a day away from me personally going down there to
strangle him....................... Ugh. And the electric inspector
who doesn't show up for days and then when I think he no longer is
coming out, I relax and am walking around the house in a Tshirt and
there he is... no phone call or nothing! How rude.

Man, if I were you, I'd be switching if I could. That's an insane
amount of time and also, you make sure you get those 5 days credited
OFF your bill. You had no service and shouldn't pay! Cox will credit
you... another good thing about them.

Old December 18th 05, 05:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

"Sue H" wrote in message
I have been having problems on Ebay for two weeks now. Everything is
SLOOOOOW.

Ok try this. Move your temporary internet file folder out of the Windows
folder and into your C drive folder. Then make sure it is completely empty
before going back to check your speed on eBay.

Old December 21st 05, 02:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

If you don't Bob Hoskins at the theatre you could try him c/o his
current agent.

I C M
Oxford House
76 Oxford Street