NSM FireBird title strips

Old July 29th 03, 11:20 PM
Tony Miklos

Default NSM FireBird title strips

I can't say I've worked on many of these units, well not the title strip
part anyway. I went on a call today where you press the button to
rotate the title strips, and you hear the motor running, and some
grinding going on. Removed all the plastic title page holders, 11 of
them are broken from the motor running too long. Cleaned the opto's in
the rear, and it seamed to operate corectly, (the motor stopped when it
should), but of course I need to replace the broken plastic pages.

I'm just wandering if they did anything to prevent this in other models
that can be retro fit to this model. One dirty opto and you have broken
pages! A clutch type gear would be nice. My other thought was to add a
resistor inline with the motor to give it less power, or a thermistor
would be great, but would take a lot more guess work in the value.

I guess what I'm asking is, should I just replace the broken pages and
not worry about it? Maybe replace the opto's too while I'm at it?

And if anyone has a used manual at a fair price, let me know.

--
Tony

Old August 7th 03, 01:50 AM
LFrye

We have quite a few Firebird2s and wall performers on location and they have
the clutch type deal on the drive gear. Maybe you can upgrade this unit to
ES V and put the newer title strip in it. Drop me an e-mail at work and I
can probably scan a manual for you.
tspbservice AT qwest DOT net

Old August 11th 03, 03:44 AM
Tony Miklos

LFrye wrote:

We have quite a few Firebird2s and wall performers on location and they have
the clutch type deal on the drive gear. Maybe you can upgrade this unit to
ES V and put the newer title strip in it. Drop me an e-mail at work and I
can probably scan a manual for you.

Is the clutch used to make the pages move left and right, or front to
back? This has a clutch for the left to right, but the front to back
worm gears don't have any clutch inline.

--
Tony