Seeburg V200 drum tech help

Old January 24th 19, 12:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
I buy Pinballs

Default Seeburg V200 drum tech help

Have an issue with a V200 drum. The drum operates fine except for the very left selection button. When selecting the far left button the motor for the drum spins very slow and does not extend all the way out to engage the clutch to move the drum is almost like the circuit for that selection has to much resistance in it. Some times it will chatter and then work. I replaced the far left arrow switch with an NOS one I had. I cleaned the two switches at the right side of the drum, I know the one is a motor switch. All other 4 arrow selections operate the motor very strongly. Any ideas, Thanks in advance.
Old January 24th 19, 06:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2019/01/24 3:14 a.m., I buy Pinballs wrote:
Have an issue with a V200 drum. The drum operates fine except for the very left selection button. When selecting the far left button the motor for the drum spins very slow and does not extend all the way out to engage the clutch to move the drum is almost like the circuit for that selection has to much resistance in it. Some times it will chatter and then work. I replaced the far left arrow switch with an NOS one I had. I cleaned the two switches at the right side of the drum, I know the one is a motor switch. All other 4 arrow selections operate the motor very strongly. Any ideas, Thanks in advance.

Check the drum plug connector and socket, may have a damaged or corroded
pin - which can reduce the current available to the motor by increased
resistance at the plug. If you can't find the problem visually, then do
a voltage drop measurement between the left switch and the motor and
compare to the next switch in. There should be almost no voltage drop
between the switch and the motor - well under 1.00VAC!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old January 26th 19, 11:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
I buy Pinballs

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 6:14:38 AM UTC-5, I buy Pinballs wrote:
Have an issue with a V200 drum. The drum operates fine except for the very left selection button. When selecting the far left button the motor for the drum spins very slow and does not extend all the way out to engage the clutch to move the drum is almost like the circuit for that selection has to much resistance in it. Some times it will chatter and then work. I replaced the far left arrow switch with an NOS one I had. I cleaned the two switches at the right side of the drum, I know the one is a motor switch. All other 4 arrow selections operate the motor very strongly. Any ideas, Thanks in advance.

John, thanks for the tech advice. I was trouble shooting the switches with the arrows on them, the dirty contacts were the ones on the far left of the drum. I thought the switches were for just the indicator lights but each one was a double switch. One good cleaning on them and the drum operates great. Thanks for your help.