1964 Proof Kennedy "Transitional Variety"

Old January 22nd 15, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default 1964 Proof Kennedy "Transitional Variety"

On Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 12:20:04 PM UTC-6, Harvey wrote:
Has anybody else heard about the 1964 proof "Transitional Variety"
Kennedy Half Dollar?? I did a Google Search on "Accened Hair Kennedy
Half" and an article told about this as being the #1 die Reverse
similar to the Accented Hair variety, but with the #2 die (not
accented hair) Obverse. I looked through 5 Proof 1964 Kennedys that I
have and I found one of them. TIA Harvey

Yes I have!I own 12 of them in PF67 up to PF69.Very rare coin in high grade!If you read this link it will tell you all about the 1964 transitional AH reverse on the 1964 Kennedy Proofs. http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/t...OPIC_ID=177905. When you see the 1964 PF67 Star Cameo graded by NGC, 3799630-001(Transitional Die Coin)This is one of my high grade transitional Kennedy's.Maybe someday NGC and PCGS with put this information on there labels in the future.