FA: Coins on ebay, some relisted

Old January 23rd 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default FA: Coins on ebay, some relisted

We have put a number of new listings on ebay, and relisted some items
that were removed in
error after false reports were made. Our rep has confirmed that
ebay's coin policy refers ONLY
to items listed in the COINS category, and not to our commemorative
sets and coin jewelry.
Also US and foreign MINT SEALED Mint and Proof sets are considered
"certified" by the issuing agency,
and thus catalog values in Greysheet and Krause may be referenced,
although there is still a ban on mentioning
the catalog value on raw single coins.

We apologize for the inconvenience the actions of a few people have
caused to our loyal
customers.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfrankcoins

Thanks for looking.

-------------------------
Frank Provasek Rare Coins
http://www.frankcoins.com Ebay FRANKCOINS
Member ANA, Texas Numismatic Assoc, Texas Coin Dealers Assoc,
PCGS dealer, Full Time Dealer since 1991, Texas Auctioneer Lic 11259

Old January 23rd 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:35:13 -0800 (PST), Frank Provasek
wrote:

We have put a number of new listings on ebay, and relisted some items
that were removed in
error after false reports were made.

You're really going to score a lot of points with eBay by complaining
about their "poorly trained employess" in some of these listings.

Will you ever smarten up?
Old January 23rd 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Coins on ebay, some relisted

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
We have put a number of new listings on ebay, and relisted some items
that were removed in
error after false reports were made. Our rep has confirmed that
ebay's coin policy refers ONLY
to items listed in the COINS category, and not to our commemorative
sets and coin jewelry.
Also US and foreign MINT SEALED Mint and Proof sets are considered
"certified" by the issuing agency,
and thus catalog values in Greysheet and Krause may be referenced,
although there is still a ban on mentioning
the catalog value on raw single coins.

We apologize for the inconvenience the actions of a few people have
caused to our loyal
customers.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfrankcoins

Thanks for looking.

Looks like you're actually starting to pay attention to what people have
been telling you. You may risk getting the WW II set pulled by mentioning
"what it sell for elsewhere", but otherwise your auctions should stay. And
see, you can bitch about eBay not letting you price your coins and then
sneak that $25 price in your grungy, dipped, BU 1930-S Lincoln 2x2 photo.
I'll be curious to see how you manage with any of your future PCI auctions.

Too bad though that you really had to spoil things by whining to your
"customers" about what a few "nut cases" and "jealous competitors" have been
doing to you. You just can never let things lie or accept any
responsibility, can you. It's always others who are out to get you. It
must be tough being you.

Old January 23rd 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Jan 22, 9:07*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Too bad though that you really had to spoil things by whining to your
"customers" about what a few "nut cases" and "jealous competitors" have been
doing to you. *You just can never let things lie or accept any
responsibility, can you. * It's always others who are out to get you. * It
must be tough being you.-

I make my living dealing in coins, and have done so since 1991.
That's my
bread and butter. The listings that were ended..every one of them,
even for the
PCI coin that we had permission to relist...were in accordance with
ebay's new
rules. ALL of those were improperly removed.

But ebay's Trust and safety people ARE poorly trained, and people know
that
if they have it in for someone, they can report every auction someone
lists
and some of the auctions will be removed...even if they only remove
one in ten
in error, that's a substantial number of letters sent out to
customers. Everyone who
bids on a removed items gets a letter that "the item was removed but
we can't
tell you why." That fairly quickly raises a flag of distrust to one's
customers...and that's
why people do it...to destroy someone's reputation and business.

Ebay is aware of who is doing this, and my account has now been
flagged
so that any removals we have to be done through a supervisor.

I don't like having to place a notice like that on my auctions, but
it's the only
way to communicate what has been happening to my bidders.

-------------------------
Old January 23rd 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
On Jan 22, 9:07 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Too bad though that you really had to spoil things by whining to your
"customers" about what a few "nut cases" and "jealous competitors" have
been
doing to you. You just can never let things lie or accept any
responsibility, can you. It's always others who are out to get you. It
must be tough being you.-

I make my living dealing in coins, and have done so since 1991.
That's my
bread and butter. The listings that were ended..every one of them,
even for the
PCI coin that we had permission to relist...were in accordance with
ebay's new
rules. ALL of those were improperly removed.
*************

If you make your living dealing in coins, that's all the more reason you
should do your homework to avoid situations like this. If you were going to
set up at a new show, wouldn't you check beforehand to see if there were any
special dealer rules before just plopping your stuff down on a table?

If you could somehow show us the title and text of a couple of your pulled
PCI auctions, we would be glad to check them out and offer some suggestions
to legalize them, if needed.

***********

But ebay's Trust and safety people ARE poorly trained, and people know
that
if they have it in for someone, they can report every auction someone
lists
and some of the auctions will be removed...even if they only remove
one in ten
in error, that's a substantial number of letters sent out to
customers. Everyone who
bids on a removed items gets a letter that "the item was removed but
we can't
tell you why." That fairly quickly raises a flag of distrust to one's
customers...and that's
why people do it...to destroy someone's reputation and business.

***********
How could anyone destroy your business if you followed eBay's guidelines
like most everyone else does? Ebay would protect you from frivilous
accusations. Their personnel don't have to have any special training to
determine if an auction breaks their rules. Especially with coins, where
there aren't a lot of rules to abide by, and those they do have are pretty
clear.

**************

Ebay is aware of who is doing this, and my account has now been
flagged
so that any removals we have to be done through a supervisor.

I don't like having to place a notice like that on my auctions, but
it's the only
way to communicate what has been happening to my bidders.

************

You mean the ones who you deal with regularly outside of eBay? The ones
who sit at home bored and moping until your next auctions appear? I'll
tell you, if I ran across your latest auction with all your anti-Ebay
rhetoric, I would presume you had some major axe to grind and I would be
hesitant to get involved with you as a seller.

If eBay is aware of who is complaining about your auctions, yet eBay still
pulls them, I presume they probably thank them for the heads up. I imagine
you should at least be on some level of eBay probation by now. And it could
have been avoided so easily if you hadn't been so vindictive, and instead
thanked anyone who commented on your auction oversights and made a few easy
changes.

Old January 23rd 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Jan 22, 10:04*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

If you make your living dealing in coins, that's all the more reason you
should do your homework to avoid situations like this. *If you were going to
set up at a new show, wouldn't you check beforehand to see if there were any
special dealer rules before just plopping your stuff down on a table?

I do so at shows and on ebay. I am a member of the Texas Coin Dealers
Assoc and the TNA,,
and am quite familiar with show rules.

If you could somehow show us the title and text of a couple of your pulled
PCI auctions, we would be glad to check them out and offer some suggestions
to legalize them, if needed.

The only PCI auctions of mine pulled were those listed before the Oct
1 official announcement
of the new rules. Those were supposed to be allowed run until they
ended under the rules exisiting
at the time they were listed. But that didn't stop people from
reporting them anyway and ebay
from removing them.

They listed the PCI name in the title and the grade, as was permitted
at the time.

Ebay reinstated some of those (one for a $6000 coin not until 2 weeks
ago). They magically
reappeared in my "pending sale" folder (it's not true that a deleted
auction is gone forever/)
They could be relisted but ANY EDITS WERE PROHIBITED. That is, they
could only
be restarted as they were, and ebay would flag them not to be removed,
since they were
originally removed in error.

No need to "check anything out" I know the rules and followed them in
this case about
relisting the auctions. I even posted one of the letters from ebay.
Nobody believes that
ebay would make an exception to make up for them ending them in
error.

Guess what...people reported them and ebay removed them anyway,

***********
How could anyone destroy your business if you followed eBay's guidelines
like most everyone else does? *Ebay would protect you from frivilous
accusations. *Their personnel don't have to have any special training to
determine if an auction breaks their rules. *Especially with coins, where
there aren't a lot of rules to abide by, and those they do have are pretty
clear.

Ebay's people pull valid auctions all the time. People know how to
report auctions top make it
likely they will be pulled. Here are some of the tricks they use"

"Ebay requires a clear photo, and this is not a clear photo"

"This coin has a value listed (even though it's coin JEWELRY and
listed under the JEWELRY category) in violation of the policy"

or copy someone's photo onto a fake listing of your own, then complain
that your photo was stolen

Post spam in a newsgroup with forged headers making it appear to have
originated from a competitor
(This was done to me in RCC several times, as recently as last fall)

Send spam email with the return address forged to that of a
competitor.

Open a new ebay account listing the same city /state as the victim,
(same name if you can find it) bid on all of
the victim's listings, nobody else's, then report the victim for shill
bidding (no longer possible since ebay began tracking IP
addresses)

Check out some of the ebay discussion boards. The dirty tricks done
by members against other members
are astounding.

You mean the ones who you deal with regularly outside of eBay? * The ones
who sit at home bored and moping until your next auctions appear? * I'll
tell you, if I ran across your latest auction with all your anti-Ebay
rhetoric, I would presume you had some major axe to grind and I would be
hesitant to get involved with you as a seller.

I have regular customers who buy from me at shows, and I have
inquiries from
my Coin World ad,. Again, that message is for the ebay customers who
may have bid on some of these
ended auctions and wonder why they see the same item relisted.

If eBay is aware of who is complaining about your auctions, yet eBay still
pulls them, I presume they probably thank them for the heads up. *I imagine
you should at least be on some level of eBay probation by now. *And it could
have been avoided so easily if you hadn't been so vindictive, and instead
thanked anyone who commented on your auction oversights and made a few easy
changes.

They are aware of it today, and the auctions have stopped
disappearing. My rep says it's
fairly common for someone to report everything someone they don't like
lists, knowing some of
the spaghetti will stick to the wall, so to speak.

I simply listed a FA notice as I have for many years.
The "usual suspects" are the ones being vindictive.

Old January 23rd 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jan 22, 10:07*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Too bad though that you really had to spoil things by whining to your
"customers" about what a few "nut cases" and "jealous competitors" have been
doing to you. *You just can never let things lie or accept any
responsibility, can you. * It's always others who are out to get you. * It
must be tough being you.- Hide quoted text -

I really believe Frank has mental health issues.
He's publicly exhibited delusions of persecution in this NG.
Practically every post by him trumpets his view that there is a
conspiracy against him and now he's started complaining about his
"persecution" in his eBay auctions.

FA: I relisted my 1882-S Redfield Bruce Greenblatt Coins 5 January 30th 05 02:22 AM
1950s Coke Machine Relisted on Ebay CoinOpHobby Juke Boxes 0 November 20th 04 01:09 AM
item relisted ... dahoov2 Autographs 8 November 19th 04 01:01 AM
Relisted and shrunk these images by about 10%. Can you see them? Ira Stein Coins 16 October 28th 03 02:27 AM