Coin Dealer shot & killed

Old November 27th 03, 03:03 AM
Wes Chormicle

Default Coin Dealer shot & killed

Here in the small Utah town of St George, UT, big city crime has paid a
visit. Jordan Allgood, one of the most decent, honest guys you would ever
meet was shot and killed by a robber in his shop Tuesday by an unknown
assailant.

St George is about as close to Andy Griffith's "Mayberry" as you can find.
The idea of crime here is jaywalking, or worse, doing 35 in a 25 zone.

I use to spend a fair amount of time sitting and chatting about coins with
Jordan at his shop. He was a big supporter of the Boy Scouts and always had
time to help a Scout with his coin collecting merit badge. He was a young
man of 43 and leaves behind a wife and several children.

Wes

Old November 27th 03, 03:16 AM
Edwin Johnston

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
link.net...
Here in the small Utah town of St George, UT, big city crime has paid a
visit. Jordan Allgood, one of the most decent, honest guys you would ever
meet was shot and killed by a robber in his shop Tuesday by an unknown
assailant.

Truly it's an insane world.

Old November 27th 03, 03:21 AM
J. Craton

Wes Chormicle wrote:

Here in the small Utah town of St George, UT, big city crime has paid a
visit. Jordan Allgood, one of the most decent, honest guys you would ever
meet was shot and killed by a robber in his shop Tuesday by an unknown
assailant.

St George is about as close to Andy Griffith's "Mayberry" as you can find.
The idea of crime here is jaywalking, or worse, doing 35 in a 25 zone.

I use to spend a fair amount of time sitting and chatting about coins with
Jordan at his shop. He was a big supporter of the Boy Scouts and always had
time to help a Scout with his coin collecting merit badge. He was a young
man of 43 and leaves behind a wife and several children.

Wes

Very sad. Opening a brick and mortar shop is something that I'd really
love to do but when I think about it the threat of robery and violence
always comes to mind. That isn't the reason why I don't do it though.
Jason Craton

Old November 27th 03, 03:22 AM
J. Craton

Old November 27th 03, 03:25 AM
Wes Chormicle

"Bob Peterson" wrote

did they catch the guy that done it?

Nobody arrested yet, but before he died (alone in the store) he was able to
call 911 and give a description of the robber. He also asked that they call
his wife and tell her that he loved her..

Old November 27th 03, 03:56 AM
John Carney

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
link.net...
Here in the small Utah town of St George, UT, big city crime has paid a
visit. Jordan Allgood, one of the most decent, honest guys you would ever
meet was shot and killed by a robber in his shop Tuesday by an unknown
assailant.

St George is about as close to Andy Griffith's "Mayberry" as you can find.
The idea of crime here is jaywalking, or worse, doing 35 in a 25 zone.

I use to spend a fair amount of time sitting and chatting about coins with
Jordan at his shop. He was a big supporter of the Boy Scouts and always had
time to help a Scout with his coin collecting merit badge. He was a young
man of 43 and leaves behind a wife and several children.

Wes

Absolutely sickening. As a man of 41, a coin guy and a father of a young son involved in
the cub scouts, I can identify very closely with Mr. Allgood. May his murderer be caught,
tried, and promptly executed.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

Old November 27th 03, 04:27 AM
Stujoe

Wes Chormicle spoke thusly...

"Bob Peterson" wrote

did they catch the guy that done it?

Nobody arrested yet, but before he died (alone in the store) he was able to
call 911 and give a description of the robber. He also asked that they call
his wife and tell her that he loved her..

Very sad. I ran across (and posted) the news story when I was searching
for news for my site. Like John, I hope they catch and deal with the
individual very soon.

--
Stujoe
Coin Grading,Coin News, Forums and more...
Old November 27th 03, 04:38 AM
Wes Chormicle

For those interested, here is a link to the to the story in the local paper

http://www.thespectrum.com/news/stor...ws/714823.html

Old November 27th 03, 02:23 PM
Ric Burney

Stujoe wrote in message et...
Wes Chormicle spoke thusly...

"Bob Peterson" wrote

did they catch the guy that done it?

Nobody arrested yet, but before he died (alone in the store) he was able to
call 911 and give a description of the robber. He also asked that they call
his wife and tell her that he loved her..

Very sad. I ran across (and posted) the news story when I was searching
for news for my site. Like John, I hope they catch and deal with the
individual very soon.

Now would be an excellent time for a list of what was known taken to
be put in a regional / national database that dealers and collectors
alike could access. If any of the readily identifiable pieces shows
up anywhere, it may lead to the killer.
With all the other advancements made in forensic sciences you'd think
we would have something like that by now.
Sure, the list of missing stuff is circulated through the crime
databases now (pawn records, local dealers etc.) but what about 6
months or a year down the road when some of this stuff possibly floats
through a show somewhere.
It would be nice to have a notebook on the back table to do a quick
compare on something that seems odd or familiar instead of having to
wait for the local authorities to dig up a pic for you to match (ever
watch paint dry?).
I certainly hope the *$#@% that did this gets what's coming to him!