(RCSD) Italy Postage Due question

Old July 14th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) Italy Postage Due question

(RCSD) Italy Postage Due question

This stamp appears to come from the Italian
postage due series of 1870-1925, however I
cannot find a 3 cent. value listed in Scott.

http://www.guillermojalil.com/images/16297.jpg

Could anyone please give me a pointer on
this stamp? Maybe it is in Sassone or
another specialized Italian catalogue.

Thanks

Blair

Old July 14th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
(RCSD) Italy Postage Due question

This stamp appears to come from the Italian
postage due series of 1870-1925, however I
cannot find a 3 cent. value listed in Scott.

http://www.guillermojalil.com/images/16297.jpg

Could anyone please give me a pointer on
this stamp? Maybe it is in Sassone or
another specialized Italian catalogue.

Hi Blair.

2, 3, 6 and 30 centesimi were issued as revenues in February 1908.
http://cjoint.com/data/hoesK8hnYJ.htm
Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old July 14th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 13, 10:23 pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

(RCSD) Italy Postage Due question

This stamp appears to come from the Italian
postage due series of 1870-1925, however I
cannot find a 3 cent. value listed in Scott.

http://www.guillermojalil.com/images/16297.jpg

Could anyone please give me a pointer on
this stamp? Maybe it is in Sassone or
another specialized Italian catalogue.

Hi Blair.

2, 3, 6 and 30 centesimi were issued as revenues in February 1908.http://cjoint.com/data/hoesK8hnYJ.htm
Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://www.amedialuz.ca/

Excellent, Tony.
Many thanks.

Blair
Old July 15th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Tony Vella wrote:

Hi Blair.

2, 3, 6 and 30 centesimi were issued as revenues in February
1908

http://cjoint.com/data/hoesK8hnYJ.htm

Hope this helps.

Blair (TC) wrote :
Excellent, Tony.
Many thanks.

Blair (and Tony),

You may have noticed on Tony's scan (but your French is excellent !)
that these stamps are from a provisional issue (Emission provisoire).

But the catalog illustrated by Tony (Yvert, Forbin, ... ?) apparently
does not explain what a provisional issue is ;-)

Would somebody care to clarify this point ?

--

All the best,
Pierre

Old July 15th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

G'day Pierre,
from ask phil
http://cjoint.com/data/hpcPn1cd3b.htm

pending availability of a regular issue.

Old July 15th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Blair (TC) wrote :
Excellent, Tony.
Many thanks.

Blair (and Tony),

You may have noticed on Tony's scan (but your French is excellent !) that
these stamps are from a provisional issue (Emission provisoire).

But the catalog illustrated by Tony (Yvert, Forbin, ... ?) apparently does
not explain what a provisional issue is ;-)

Would somebody care to clarify this point ?

Bonjour Pierre :

In February 1908 these four stamps were assigned to revenue-fiscal use. A
few months later, still in 1908, a series of 16 stamps from 1 centesimo to
12 lire was issued for official revenue use. I assume that these four
stamps were intended for temporary use -- just to bridge the gap until the
official series was produced. I have never seen notes about these four
stamps except for the "émission provisoire" that you mentioned, but in
similar circumstances I have seen notes like "uso provisorio" or "uso
temporario" on documents and certificates that were issued in small Italian
towns and villages for temporary use until official versions were received
from Rome. That's the best I can come up with.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old July 15th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Tony Vella a écrit :

Bonjour Pierre :

In February 1908 these four stamps were assigned to revenue-fiscal
use. A few months later, still in 1908, a series of 16 stamps from 1
centesimo to 12 lire was issued for official revenue use. I assume
that these four stamps were intended for temporary use -- just to
bridge the gap until the official series was produced. I have never
seen notes about these four stamps except for the "émission
provisoire" that you mentioned, but in similar circumstances I have
seen notes like "uso provisorio" or "uso temporario" on documents and
certificates that were issued in small Italian towns and villages for
temporary use until official versions were received from Rome. That's
the best I can come up with.

Hello Tony,

Many many thanks !
It is much more than I was needing :-)

Now I understand very well what was behind such 'provisional' issues.

--
Kind regards,
Pierre

Old July 15th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

rodney wrote :

G'day Pierre,
from ask phil
http://cjoint.com/data/hpcPn1cd3b.htm

pending availability of a regular issue.

Hi Rod,

Many thanks for this scan and all these definitions which clarify very
well (together with Tony's explanations) these 'provisional' issues.

BTW, I've heard many times of ask phil.
Is there an internet site where one could find all these useful
definitions ?

--
All the best,
Pierre

Old July 15th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Pierre COURTIADE"
BTW, I've heard many times of ask phil.
Is there an internet site where one could find all these useful
definitions ?

Hi Pierre,
currently enjoying your absolutely beautiful country
with the Tour de France, and becoming grumpy whilst staying
up late every night
An Aussie now leads the tour by 1 second

Navigate to
http://www.askphil.org/

Click on "Reference Library"
then click on "Glossary of stamp collecting terms"

You will be reading for weeks

Old July 15th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Hi Pierre,
currently enjoying your absolutely beautiful country
with the Tour de France, and becoming grumpy whilst staying
up late every night
An Aussie now leads the tour by 1 second

Hi again, Rod !

Congratulations for your Aussie guy !
But I must confess that I am not a great fan of the Tour de France and
so on :-(
A few days ago, it was in Brittany, in a small old town named Auray
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auray (10 miles from my cottage)
and I prefered to stay at home, away from the crowd ;-)

To come back to stamps, here is a French stamp showing some old houses
of Auray :
http://www.webtimbres.com/france/CH02/7916.jpg

Navigate to
http://www.askphil.org/

Click on "Reference Library"
then click on "Glossary of stamp collecting terms"

You will be reading for weeks

Many thanks, Rod : exactly what I was looking for !

--
Pierre