ABPN Pic Of Notorious 1979S Proof Nickel

Old October 18th 03, 12:38 AM
George V. Huse, Jr.

Default ABPN Pic Of Notorious 1979S Proof Nickel

Find it under 1979S Proof Nickel.
--
Buzz Huse, MCSE+I, MCSE Iter Sine Fine (Journey Without End)

"These opinions/comments are entirely my own and no one else's."

Old October 18th 03, 12:49 AM
Bill Krummel

"George V. Huse, Jr." wrote in message
om...
Find it under 1979S Proof Nickel.

I want to see it and I can't get ABPN. Help, anyone? Bill

Old October 18th 03, 12:58 AM
John Carney

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message ...

"George V. Huse, Jr." wrote in message
om...
Find it under 1979S Proof Nickel.

I want to see it and I can't get ABPN. Help, anyone? Bill

Here ya go, Bill.

http://home.comcast.net/~jcarney44/c...oofNickel2.jpg

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

Old October 18th 03, 01:06 AM
Bill Krummel

"John Carney" wrote in message

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

"George V. Huse, Jr." wrote in message
om...
Find it under 1979S Proof Nickel.

I want to see it and I can't get ABPN. Help, anyone? Bill

Here ya go, Bill.

http://home.comcast.net/~jcarney44/c...oofNickel2.jpg

--
John

Thanks, John. I have a 1969 proof set and my 16X loupe close by.
Comparing my proof set to the image, I still say it's a toning spot. I hope
it is something else, if it adds value to the coin, but I am sticking with
my original determination. Bill

Old October 18th 03, 03:47 AM
George V. Huse, Jr.

A third possibility, other than toning and leftover metal peeled from a
previous strike, biological contaminant. Maybe the Mint employee
packaging/examinig this particular set sneezed on it. That might
explain the splatter stuff on the half.

Bill Krummel wrote:
"John Carney" wrote in message

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

y.com...

Old October 18th 03, 03:59 AM
George V. Huse, Jr.

Bill Krummel wrote:

Thanks, John. I have a 1969 proof set and my 16X loupe close by.
Comparing my proof set to the image, I still say it's a toning spot. I hope
it is something else, if it adds value to the coin, but I am sticking with
my original determination. Bill

Yeah, but:

How many toned Jeffs have you seen?
How many toned 1979 Jeffs have you seen?
How many toned 1979 proof Jeffs still sealed in original US Mint plastic
packaging have you seen?
How many Jeffs have you seen that toned a milky white/light gray with
such distinct edges?

Old October 18th 03, 05:49 AM
Bill Krummel

Bill Krummel wrote:

Thanks, John. I have a 1969 proof set and my 16X loupe close by.
Comparing my proof set to the image, I still say it's a toning spot. I

hope
it is something else, if it adds value to the coin, but I am sticking

with
my original determination. Bill

Yeah, but:

How many toned Jeffs have you seen?

38

How many toned 1979 Jeffs have you seen?

1

How many toned 1979 proof Jeffs still sealed in original US Mint plastic
packaging have you seen?

1

How many Jeffs have you seen that toned a milky white/light gray with
such distinct edges?

1

Yes, I made up the numbers. Unfortunately, I am 1500 miles from seeing the
nickel again in person. In my seat in front of my monitor and having looked
at the nickel once with a 16X loupe, I can't put my money anywhere but on a
toned nickel. I have no problem with the spot being something else. But, I
just haven't changed my mind - I still think it is a toning spot, nothing
more. Emphasis on think, please. And, yes, I think the discolorization (or
toning) could be from a long ago sneeze. The nastiest landed on the half, a
drop hit the nickel. Bill

Old October 18th 03, 12:21 PM
Stujoe

Bill Krummel spoke thusly...

Yes, I made up the numbers. Unfortunately, I am 1500 miles from seeing the
nickel again in person. In my seat in front of my monitor and having looked
at the nickel once with a 16X loupe, I can't put my money anywhere but on a
toned nickel. I have no problem with the spot being something else. But, I
just haven't changed my mind - I still think it is a toning spot, nothing
more. Emphasis on think, please. And, yes, I think the discolorization (or
toning) could be from a long ago sneeze. The nastiest landed on the half, a
drop hit the nickel. Bill

I am no good at errors or anything like that but, when I saw the pic, I
thought sneeze spot. It looks like a spot but, then again, sometimes I
can't see things even when I am shown.

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):