Coin World turns Trends into a separate monthly glossy magazine..

Old August 3rd 03, 01:22 PM
JSTONE9352

Default Coin World turns Trends into a separate monthly glossy magazine..

Coin World subscribers will get it as part of their subscriptions, they'll
also sell it on newsstands..

Story at..

http://www.coinworld.com/news/081103/coinvalues.asp

Looks like Krause's "Coin Prices" will

be getting some competition on the
newsstands. They will be at a disadvantage since they are every other
month and CW's new publication will
be monthly.

Look for Krause to make "Coin Prices"
a monthly or be discontinued depending on the success of CW's
new venture.

Old August 3rd 03, 03:27 PM
Nick Knight

In , on 08/03/2003
at 07:22 AM, "Harv" said:

Coin World subscribers will get it as part of their subscriptions, they'll
also sell it on newsstands..

Story at..

http://www.coinworld.com/news/081103/coinvalues.asp

Interesting. I like the idea. I was disappointed when I picked up a free
Coin World at their ANA booth, only to find no Trends in the middle! I
thought it was a show-only-copy thing, and maybe it was. October 6th is
still a ways away. I wonder if subscriptions to the paper will sag now?
We'll see, I guess.

Nick
Old August 3rd 03, 04:05 PM
John Baumgart

I like it. I wonder if they'll have a tiered subscription rate in the
future for those who don't want one or the other. Also, I wonder how much
of the 100 pages of CV will be advertising. One of the nice thing about the
bound-in Trends was that it didn't contain very much advertising, so it was
easy to navigate.

John Baumgart

Old August 4th 03, 04:40 AM
LDRS HBBY NUMI

I was disappointed when I picked up a free
Coin World at their ANA booth, only to find no Trends in the middle!

They were giving away the Trends separately, right next to the "newspaper" on
the table.
Old August 4th 03, 05:18 AM
James B. Hart

Where are Copper Nickel 3 Cent Proofs listed? I emailed them several
months ago and nothing has been done. A MS-63 Standing Liberty Quarter
is listed at $375 several times gray sheet. They have lots of work to
correct to the market conditions.

Old August 4th 03, 07:12 AM
Harv

"James B. Hart" wrote in message
Where are Copper Nickel 3 Cent Proofs listed? I emailed them several
months ago and nothing has been done. A MS-63 Standing Liberty Quarter
is listed at $375 several times gray sheet. They have lots of work to
correct to the market conditions.

After almost a year of bugging Beth, I (and maybe some others, I Shirley
don't expect to take credit for this).. got the 1998-S Silver SMS Matte
Kennedy Half prices added back into Trends as of August 1, 2003.. it's not
in the latest printed version but it is in the online version and will be in
the next printed version.. this KEY date coin somehow vanished from their
database and it actually took that long to get it put back in..

The online version of Trends, which was updated on the same date, shows some
serious price rises in many series. A common date MS65 Walking Liberty
Half, like a 1942, jumped from $100.00 to $140.00. The 1999 Silver Proof
Sets jumped to $200.00.

And yet Trends still has many inconsistancies. Modern Commemoratives in
particular have some strange omissions. They have a price for MS70 Buffalo
Dollars ($335.00).. but only list the Proofs in DCAM up to PR69. That's
just one example. There are dozens of others..

Most all Modern Commemoratives have an MS65 or PR65 price in Trends. This is
never explained, but I assume this means "raw in original Mint capsule" as
opposed to graded in a slab. You'd be pretty damn hard pressed to even FIND
a West Point Commemorative that NGC or PCGS wouldn't slab 69.. assuming you
didn't take it out of the capsule first and drag it around the driveway a
few times..

1958 Proof Sets took an enormous leap to something like $80.00. Why? I have
no idea. Is there some dealer somewhere buying up mass quantities of them
all of a sudden? And why 1958?

Anyway, if you have a Coin World subscription you have free entry into their
Online Trends section of their Web Site.. go there and look for yourselves..
You'll need to type in some long string of numbers that appears on your
magazines' address label to register..

Harv

FS: World Cup Soccer Items Jim Sinclair General 0 August 13th 03 08:34 AM
A coin I like but you probably won't Bill Krummel Coins 11 August 3rd 03 01:50 PM
Should I be worried about coin damage? Ron Coins 8 August 1st 03 03:38 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
Value Guides Keith Tilley Coins 3 July 21st 03 07:50 AM