Why is copper going up so high?

Old April 23rd 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected][_2_]

Default Why is copper going up so high?

I was wondering if anybody knew why the price of copper is going so
high?

Joe

PS VISIT MY GROUP! The Coin Collecting GoogleGroup for Teens and Young
Adults! THIS IS A BRAND NEW GROUP MADE FOR TRADING, SELLING, BUYING,
POSTING ADS, AND ASKING QUESTIONS. I MYSELF AM INTERESTED IN BUYING.
(IF MORE PEOPLE WANT TO JOIN BESIDES TEENS, I'LL CHANGE IT TO BECOME
FOR EVERYONE.) PLEASE JOIN!
THANKS

Old April 23rd 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rono

Hi Joe,

Both Dave and Lagos are correct. It's your basic supply and demand
situation, with a huge impact coming from China. Their economy is
growing so fast, that they're using a lot of copper - and iron, oil,
NICKEL, etc.

Also, since 2002 we've been in a bull market in natural resoucres
including precious metals and commodities. Historically these things
can last up to 15 years or so which would imply that you 'ain't seen
nothin yet'. The reason why these bull markets last so long is partly
due to the enormous lag between the price of copper going up and new
copper production being brought online [read: explore, find, mine,
smelt, refine, and build what's not in place,etc.]

In addition, many of the Central Banks around the world have been
flooding the place with cheap fiat currency led by the US. This has
made all this currency worth less in relative terms than 'real
stuff''. Real stuff being hard assets - like gold, silver, copper,
nickel, wheat, corn, real estate, etc.

And, as mentioned, the US is running two huge deficits - budget and
trade (balance of payments) which have combined to make our dollar
worth less around the world relative to other currencies AND real
stuff.

Ergo, copper has gone up in price and will continue to go up over at
least another 10 years.

peace,

rono

Old April 23rd 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Besides the aforementioned booming economy in China, don't forget
India. Between these 2 countries, the demand for non-ferrous metals
has been extremely high. In the case of India, silver, and
particularly gold, have always had high demand, causing local prices
to be much higher than on other international markets.

Old April 24th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 23, 7:03 am, Reclining Buddha wrote:
On 23 Apr 2007 00:43:12 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On 22 Apr 2007 17:15:43 -0700, wrote:
I was wondering if anybody knew why the price of copper is going so
high?

Supply and demand. Take a course in macroecenomics.

PS VISIT MY GROUP! The Coin Collecting GoogleGroup for Teens and Young
Adults! THIS IS A BRAND NEW GROUP MADE FOR TRADING, SELLING, BUYING,

Joe, your enthusiasm is good, but STOP SHOUTING AT US, IT IS VERY RUDE.

Is there any way he could be as rude as you?

Reclining Buddha

The Original Couch Potato!

What's that supposed to mean?

Hoarding copper? Nick Coins 22 April 18th 06 09:12 PM
Wonder If The 43 Copper Was Real dmzcompute Coins 1 April 10th 06 03:07 PM
FA: 2-Days, 1970 High School Yearbook, Wahigan High School, Ohio fishnet General 0 April 6th 06 02:46 AM
FA: old copper prgrmr Coins 0 November 11th 05 02:48 PM
Best Copper Search ever Alan Williams Coins 9 December 5th 04 05:23 PM