Numismatic gloves??

Old August 5th 03, 02:00 PM
J. A. McNerney

DFloyd wrote:

"Doggo" wrote in news:bgj6iv$pgdqb$1@ID-
164171.news.uni-berlin.de:

After you've read the info that Jim provided for you, it's good to be
informed on a subject. Go here and purchase some.
http://www.brent-krueger.com/cleaners.html
Scroll down (under the Dellars darkener) and two kinds of gloves are
available.

You can buy Dermatological Cotton Gloves at your local pharmacy. I can't
say if they are any more or less lint free relative to gloves sold as
numismatic cotton gloves.

Putting your coins in a cardboard album will ruin them! Cheap cardboard albums are no good for quality coins.

Quality coins deserve a quality storage and display system.

http://www.eaglecoinholders.com/

JAM
Old August 6th 03, 10:20 PM
Dai Lun

Pallbearer's gloves work well. They can also be used for golf in the rain.G

DaiLun

"Donald Tucker" wrote in message t...
I've been a lurker here and appreciate the vast amount of knowledge here. I
have a question that maybe you all can help with.

I bought a complete set of proofs and uncirculated sets, 1959 - 2003 and all
of the silver proof sets - 1992-2003. My plan is to break them out of the
sets and put them into Dansco albums, to have virtually complete sets of
everything from 1959 on.

I'm concerned about leaving fingerprints on these coins as I break them out
and put them into Dansco albums. I guess it's best to wear gloves when
doing this. Is that correct? Either that or use a piece of cloth when
touching the coins. Are there special numismatic gloves designed to be used
for this purpose? I tried tight fitting thin gloves one other time and found
that when I tried pressing the coin into the album, part of the glove would
always try to go in the hole with the coin. What are the best kind of gloves
to use for this and where do you get them? I thank you, and my
fingerprint-free coins will thank you!