whats wrong with this auction?

Old January 10th 05, 12:30 PM
mike

Default whats wrong with this auction?

Old January 10th 05, 01:32 PM
Weade

I'm not the most experienced with jukes, but I'll bite...

What IS wrong with the auction? I just checked it out and I don't see
anything out of the ordinary.

Bill

Old January 10th 05, 02:35 PM
mike

The console is the most notable feature. The box is advertised as a real
78RPM 1015 that is "47 years young" with a tubed amp.

The one in the picture is a newer CD model and is hosted on the Eagle
Distributing website.

Old January 10th 05, 03:42 PM
KLR

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:30:33 -0600, "mike"

im not an expert on wurlitzers - but that looks to me like a modern
repro

it certainly hasnt got the same mechanism as I recall seeing in an
original 1015 (1940s) 20 years ago

it doesnt look right at all
looks too new.
Old January 10th 05, 04:43 PM
mike

It is starting to look like another scam, I contacted the seller and he
claims to be selling a true 1015 for $3500 shipped and insured. He emailed
me three pics of a real 1015 that I think were posted recently on other Ebay
auctions.

He also mentioned sending pmt to the Square Trade people. I didn't know
Square Trade started offering buyer-seller escrow services? I am guessing he
will want a paypal pmt sent to or some other nonsense

Another buyer beware case - use caution with this one.

Old January 10th 05, 09:54 PM
Robert Aker

The first thing I noticed is the "OMT" plaque on the door (left bottom).

Old January 11th 05, 12:35 AM
amusement

Smells like a scam... the pictures belong to :
http://www.eagle-distributing.com a company in Chicago, location of the
auctioned item is Milwaukee WI not that far from Chicago,, the feedback
shows only from sellers but not from buyers.And obviousely the seller
doesn´t know anything about this Jukebox.

Old January 11th 05, 04:04 AM
Jim Murphy

I gave this guy a notice that if he did not take this auction down
immediately I was going to report him to eBAy. This is clearly an OMT and I
enlarged the picture something is not right inside the dome window. I am
currently repairing an OMT CD that I sold new and the CDs are clearly
visible as is the carousel. Now there might be a lighting situation and
there may not be any CDs in it but something does not look right even if it
is a CD model.

Old January 11th 05, 04:13 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

mike wrote:

It is starting to look like another scam, I contacted the seller and he
claims to be selling a true 1015 for $3500 shipped and insured. He emailed
me three pics of a real 1015 that I think were posted recently on other Ebay
auctions.

I think I remember seeing this same picture of this box in another
auction some months ago. I seem to remember the cabinet in the
background with the yellow stickers. Smells fishy.

Old January 11th 05, 02:38 PM
Weade

Ok. I did think the cabinet looked like a modern CD juke, but I am far from
knowledgeable in this area.

Bill