Wurlitzer 3500 A-Side/B-Side Question

Old February 9th 12, 07:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bobby

Default Wurlitzer 3500 A-Side/B-Side Question

Hi Again! New to jukes here, and I have a question about playing the A-
Side and the B-Side on a Wurlitzer 3500 (Zodiac). Is it possible to
play both sides of the same record? If the record is in slot A1, for
instance, it seems as if you can just play the single side that the
arrow is pointing to for that slot. Am I missing something?

Also, each slot on the carousel has a little wheel on it- what would
that be for?

Thanks so much!
Old February 10th 12, 01:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Bobby wrote:
Hi Again! New to jukes here, and I have a question about playing the A-
Side and the B-Side on a Wurlitzer 3500 (Zodiac). Is it possible to
play both sides of the same record? If the record is in slot A1, for
instance, it seems as if you can just play the single side that the
arrow is pointing to for that slot. Am I missing something?

Also, each slot on the carousel has a little wheel on it- what would
that be for?

Thanks so much!

The 3500 should play both sides of a record (assuming both sides
selected) and then move on to the next record. The only time it would
not play both together is if you made the second side selection while it
was stopped and playing that records other side. The mechanical memory
must find the second side while it the carousel is turning - it can't
find it while sitting/playing.

The small wheel is the Popularity Meter - shows the number of times that
record (either side is counted - the meter doesn't care) has been played.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old February 10th 12, 04:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bobby

Thanks so much for the reply, John. I'm not quite sure if I
understand. . . If I have a record in slot A1, I would select A1 to
play the first side of that record. What would I select to play the
second side of that record? I would think selecting A2 would play the
second side, but A2 is a different record slot on the carousel???
Apologies for my ignorance on this one. I haven't had much experience
with jukes, but I'm fairly proficient when it comes to pinball
machines!
Old February 10th 12, 04:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bobby

Oh, wait a minute. . . I just took another look at the carousel, and
each slot is an odd number. Duh. . .
Old February 10th 12, 06:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Bobby wrote:
Oh, wait a minute. . . I just took another look at the carousel, and
each slot is an odd number. Duh. . .

No problem, we are all students of the jukebox here!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com