Ebay gives me a whack on the hand

Old July 21st 04, 03:40 AM
frank wight

Default Ebay gives me a whack on the hand

I got hosed by a con artist on ebay.
They sent me an email telling me
that my feedback broke some rules.

Below is their letter.

Dear ),

We appreciate your membership in the eBay community and would like to
take this
opportunity to inform you of a policy violation. Our intent is to
assure a
continued, successful eBay experience for all.

Your feedback was:

"This crook licks the sweat off of a dead man's balls."

Buyer frankwight@yahoo( 23) Jul-16-04 15:16 XXXXXXXXXXXXX s
involved in the following activity:

·Use of inappropriate language in the feedback forum. Such language
can include
profanity, patently vulgar language, or language of a racist, hateful,
sexual or
obscene nature within this public area.

The following feedback comment was left by your account:

copy of feedback comment

We realize that you may not have been aware that there was a rule
against this
activity. Please remember that the eBay community is made up of a
diverse,
international group of users with varied backgrounds and beliefs.
Language of
this nature on eBay can be offensive to some members and is not
allowed.

Our goal is to help you understand our policies to ensure successful
experiences
at eBay. Therefore, we respectfully request that you refrain from this
activity
in the future to avoid the possible suspension of your eBay
registration. We
invite you to review eBay¿s policies on feedback, which can be found
at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ack-abuse.html

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc
Old July 21st 04, 04:03 AM
Mark Rossi

"frank wight" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I think I personally have to agree with eBay that what you said in that
feedback was not right. I tend to get that way sometimes when leaving
feedback, but I've never went that far. I guess you just have to be careful
next time :-)

Mark

Old July 21st 04, 08:23 AM
Edward McGrath

Frank, I'm LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 21st 04, 08:48 AM
Theta Pi

Next time use "this crook licks the sweat off of a dead man balls and
PAYPAL RULES".....THE DOCTOR

Old July 21st 04, 12:16 PM
R!

I've been enlightened. I didn't know a dead man's balls could sweat.

Funny ****. Screw the ******* who ripped ya off.

Old July 21st 04, 12:36 PM
joecoin

(frank wight) wrote in
om:

I got hosed by a con artist on ebay.
They sent me an email telling me
that my feedback broke some rules.

Below is their letter.

Dear
),

[...]

As usual, the victim suffers...

--
Joecoin

Copper is as copper does.

Old July 21st 04, 03:58 PM
bri

[...]

Does E-Bay have a complaint area or fax number so you can tell them what
happened?
If so you should send a 20-page fax--that'll get thier attention moreso than
some weenie customer feedback garbage. 10 to 20 page faxes containing legal
threats and the like works every time.
AFAIK they should be no different than any other web site--THEY are
responsible for the content. No one else.
They police the feedback so what does that tell you about thier liability?

Old July 22nd 04, 12:14 AM
frank wight

"bri" wrote in message ink.net...
"frank wight" wrote in message
om...
I got hosed by a con artist on ebay.
They sent me an email telling me
that my feedback broke some rules.

Below is their letter.

SNIP, SNIPPITY SNIP

Does E-Bay have a complaint area or fax number so you can tell them what
happened?
If so you should send a 20-page fax--that'll get thier attention moreso than
some weenie customer feedback garbage. 10 to 20 page faxes containing legal
threats and the like works every time.
AFAIK they should be no different than any other web site--THEY are
responsible for the content. No one else.
They police the feedback so what does that tell you about thier liability?

I think that ebay couldn't careless if
all buyers and sellers were a bunch of
psychopathic killers or fascist anarchists
(to quote Ferris Bueller), just as long
as they get their commission (!)