New postage rates?

Old May 12th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Ames

Default New postage rates?

Visiting the Postal Service web site, I don't see any provision for
Media Mail rates. Everything seems to be Express or Priority mail of
one kind or another. I wonder if UPS rates might be superior as to
cost? I get the impression that USPS rates might be set high in order
to prevent other shippers from letting the Postal Service deliver mail
that would be unprofitable for the private shippers.

David Ames

Old May 12th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
my-wings

"David Ames" wrote in message
ups.com...
Visiting the Postal Service web site, I don't see any provision for
Media Mail rates. Everything seems to be Express or Priority mail of
one kind or another. I wonder if UPS rates might be superior as to
cost? I get the impression that USPS rates might be set high in order
to prevent other shippers from letting the Postal Service deliver mail
that would be unprofitable for the private shippers.

David Ames

There is a new media mail rate. I printed out a page from their PDF file of
the new rates a few weeks ago, and I'm looking at it now. Can't find it on
the interweb quickly, but here is a comparison of the first few poundage
rates. Amazingly enough, the new Media rates are actually lower than the
current ones after the four pound mark:

1 lb. $1.59 today $2.13 on Monday

2 lb. $2.07 today $2.47 on Monday

3 lb. $2.55 today $2.81 on Monday

4 lb. $3.03 today $3.25 on Monday

5 lb. $3.51 today $3.49 on Monday

6 lb. $3.99 today $3.83 on Monday

7 lb. $4.47 today $4.17 on Monday

8 lb. $4.81 today $4.51 on Monday

9 lb. $5.15 today $4.85 on Monday

10 lb. $5.49 today $5.19 on Monday

Alice

--
Book collecting terms illustrated. Used and out of print books for sale.
http://www.mywingsbooks.com/

Old May 22nd 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Cbentpri [D*]

my-wings wrote:

"David Ames" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

The USPS domestic shipping rates aren't really that bad....almost
understandable. The new international USPS rate increase will make
selling books world-wide a bit difficult. I can't find anythinig even
close to the aimail letter post rates. This has really discouraged me from
listing more books on international venues. Any comments or ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

Bob

.-=( Sent from: http://www.delcampe.com/usenet_index.php?language=E )=-.

Old May 22nd 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"Cbentpri [D*]" wrote in message
The USPS domestic shipping rates aren't really that bad....almost
understandable. The new international USPS rate increase will make
selling books world-wide a bit difficult. I can't find anythinig even
close to the aimail letter post rates. This has really discouraged me from
listing more books on international venues. Any comments or ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

Bob

If you look carefully, you'll see an interntional first class rate, good for
up to four pounds (same as the old air letter post).