Question about Uncorrected Advance Reading Copy

Old March 9th 05, 09:59 PM

Default Question about Uncorrected Advance Reading Copy

I bought at a house sale, Robert Silverberg's Star of Gypsies. It
says expected date of publication is March 2005. However, I learn
from www.abe.com that it was published in 1986 ? I thought I'd bought
my husband a good gift (he is a sci-fi fan); now I wonder what indeed
I have and thought I would ask if some one in the group could
enlighten me?
Thanks very much,
OP
Old March 9th 05, 10:32 PM
Jon Meyers

wrote...
I bought at a house sale, Robert Silverberg's Star of Gypsies. It
says expected date of publication is March 2005. However, I learn
from www.abe.com that it was published in 1986 ? I thought I'd bought
my husband a good gift (he is a sci-fi fan); now I wonder what indeed
I have and thought I would ask if some one in the group could
enlighten me?

You evidently have the ARC for the recent Pyr (Prometheus) paperback reissue
of this Silverberg book, which was, as you found out, originally published
19 years ago.

Hey, if your husband is a Silverberg admirer and he hasn't read Star of
Gypsies, it's still a good gift.

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose

Old March 10th 05, 01:33 AM

Jon Meyers wrote:
wrote...
I bought at a house sale, Robert Silverberg's Star of Gypsies. It
says expected date of publication is March 2005. However, I learn
from www.abe.com that it was published in 1986 ? I thought I'd

bought
my husband a good gift (he is a sci-fi fan); now I wonder what

indeed
I have and thought I would ask if some one in the group could
enlighten me?

You evidently have the ARC for the recent Pyr (Prometheus) paperback

reissue
of this Silverberg book, which was, as you found out, originally

published
19 years ago.

Hey, if your husband is a Silverberg admirer and he hasn't read Star

of
Gypsies, it's still a good gift.

and if hubby is a collector, it is a good gift whether he's read it
or not.

chiwito

Old March 10th 05, 09:41 AM
oldpaper

Thanks, glad to know he will be pleased.

Old March 11th 05, 09:39 AM
Mike Berro

This issuing of "proofs" for later editions is an interesting trend. Tor now
does it fairly regularly.

---Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...