Art & Stamps: Limited Edition "Wyoming on Stamps" by Jack Rosenthal

Old June 20th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Default Art & Stamps: Limited Edition "Wyoming on Stamps" by Jack Rosenthal

As a proud member of the board of the Nicolaysen Art Museum and a stamp
collector, I would like to let you know about a great philatelic
publication, one that is limited to 5,000 copies and is selling quite
briskly:
"Wyoming on Stamps", the Award-Winning Newspaper series by Jack
Rosenthal.

40 stamps issued by the US Postal Service have in some way a
relationship to Wyoming starting with the 3 cent Transcontinental
Railroad Pictorial Issue of 1869.

Jack Rosenthal, a Wyoming resident, has been involved with Postal
History for quite some time, as Chairman of the United States Postal
Service's Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee and author and co-author
of many publications including a reknowned study of the
Trans-Mississippi Series.

The "Wyoming on Stamps" publication is a compilation of a series of
articles that appeared in the Casper Star Tribune in 2004. It is a
collection of stories beautifully Illustrated in full color spanning
130 years of Postal and Wyoming history.

On the Nicolaysen Website at the link below is a list of the stamps and
their stories. It is easy to order by mail or by email on the page.

http://www.thenic.org/wyomingonstamps.htm

Enjoy and
thank you for your time,
Tom Loepp

Old June 21st 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

"noshow" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Tom,

I couldn't access the server. Will try again later.

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old June 21st 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Victor Manta wrote:
"noshow" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If there is anything I can do like send you a snapshot of the page or
put it on my server just tell me.
Tom

Old June 27th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

"TL" wrote in message
oups.com...
Victor Manta wrote:
"noshow" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks a lot, Tom. I could access it now.

--
Victor Manta

Old June 27th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

"noshow" skrev i en meddelelse
oups.com...
[...]

What a beautiful publication! Amazing that so few stamps can be presented
in such an attractive way. That should give some ideas to other collectors.
I didn't know that Remington was connected with Wyoming; in my mind I had
placed him further south.

I was wondering whether the original articles (without illustrations) would
be available on the internet, or whether Nicolaysen Museum has reserved sole
rights to (re)publication.

Mette

Old June 28th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Mette,
Thanks for your email. I got word today that you emailed the NIC. They
are excited that someone all the from Denmark contacted them.
The articles were originally in the Casper Star Tribune but I doubt
that they were ever on their website. I guess the answer is that I
doubt the NIC has sole rights. It is more likely that Mr. Rosenthal
has. He's a great guy and is a great philanthropist of the museum and
philately. Anyway I have to run paint. Thanks again to you and to
Victor and anyone else interested in the publication.
Tom Loepp