Wurlitzer 1100 Mech Removal

Old October 3rd 03, 05:03 AM
Jim Jackson

Default Wurlitzer 1100 Mech Removal

Hello,
What's the best way to remove the Mechanism (& Mech Board) from the
cabinet on a Wurlitzer 1100? I see the Mech board rests on six bolts
with nut caps. Is it best to remove the nut caps from the top of the
board and lift the mech up and out or is there a better way down
below?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Jim
Old October 4th 03, 12:16 AM
John Robertson

You might want to take the back door off, then unscrew the bolts
holding the mechanism board to the "L" side supports. It should slide
out then AIR...

The problem now is where do you PUT the mechanism when you remove it?
We made a dolly from "Handy-Angle" and it has an opening (adjustable)
that old jukebox mechanisms can slip into so the junk on the bottom is
not sitting on a bench - might break! You can also flip the mechanism
upside down in this frame.

John :-#)#

On 2 Oct 2003 21:03:13 -0700, (Jim Jackson)
wrote:

Hello,
What's the best way to remove the Mechanism (& Mech Board) from the
cabinet on a Wurlitzer 1100? I see the Mech board rests on six bolts
with nut caps. Is it best to remove the nut caps from the top of the
board and lift the mech up and out or is there a better way down
below?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Jim

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

Old October 4th 03, 06:53 AM
John Robertson

You should be able to remove the bolts...they must unscrew somehow...

John :-#)#

On 3 Oct 2003 18:02:12 -0700, (Jim Jackson)
wrote:

(Jim Jackson) wrote in message . com...
Hello,
What's the best way to remove the Mechanism (& Mech Board) from the
cabinet on a Wurlitzer 1100? I see the Mech board rests on six bolts
with nut caps. Is it best to remove the nut caps from the top of the
board and lift the mech up and out or is there a better way down
below?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Jim

Hi John,
Thanks for the tips!
I can see the bolts I need to unscrew from the L supports, If I
unscrew the
caps from those bolts I still have to lift the mech board up off those
6
bolts and then out, right? I don't see how I could slide it out
because the
bolts extend up thru the board and won't drop down because they're
stopped
by the L supports. A friend is going to help me remove the Mech
tommorow
and I want to make sure we pull it correctly, seems like it will be
tricky
to lift the mech up from the rear and slide it back without bending
those
bolts, guess a third person lifting from the front might help? Any
thoughts? I took some measurements and made a wooden Mech stand on
casters that is custom to this jukebox, hope it works!
Thanks again for your help,