US Mint Circulating $1 Direct Ship - 2009 Native American $1 and Harrison availability?

Old March 5th 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Default US Mint Circulating $1 Direct Ship - 2009 Native American $1and Harrison availability?

Paul Anderson wrote:
In article ,
Johnny Doe wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:49:34 -0500, Johnny Doe wrote:

The Direct Ship section of the Mint site lists the 2009 Native
American coins as 'not available', and doesn't list the 2009 Harrison
dollars at all. Does anyone know if these coins are going to become
'available' or are they just gone? Why would the mint pull the 2009
Native American dollars when they are required to mint so many
millions of them? I would rather pick up a box of each from the mint
at face than have to buy individual rolls at $11 over face each, plus
shipping.

In addition, the one bank in my local area that ordered the
presidential dollars in the past was told by their supplier that they
can no longer provide full boxes of them, only mixed junk rolls of $1
coins. So, they won't order any more, and a light goes out for local
collectors.

The bank that always orders a box of one thousand Presidential dollars
for me got the William Henry Harrison coins on time and I'm already
spending them.

I got five hundred 2009 Sacajaweas from the Direct Ship program but I
think that's all I can order for the year.

When I ordered my $250 box a month or so ago, the USMint's website showed a
$5K limit on the Sacs. It was still $500/design for the Prezzies.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old March 5th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

In article ,
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

When I ordered my $250 box a month or so ago, the USMint's website
showed a $5K limit on the Sacs. It was still $500/design for the
Prezzies.

Well, yes, it is! Thank you for pointing that out! Either the
information has changed or I misread the information originally.

The page at
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...ctDisplay?cata
logId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14692&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=2
7238 says:

"Orders are limited to twenty boxes ($5000) per coin issue."

I assume I don't have to order all those at once, but could sprinkle my
orders throughout the year.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old March 6th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured[_3_]

Paul Anderson wrote:

In article ,
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

When I ordered my $250 box a month or so ago, the USMint's website
showed a $5K limit on the Sacs. It was still $500/design for the
Prezzies.

Well, yes, it is! Thank you for pointing that out! Either the
information has changed or I misread the information originally.

Yes, they changed the limit without notice in late January IIRC. The
change is not consistent between web pages. I would assume that the
main catalog page for this item is most current.

--Dave