AMI Cabinet color...

Old July 29th 03, 11:44 AM
Jonas Elofsson

Default AMI Cabinet color...

Hi, this is a resend, seems like the last one did not make it to the group.

I am in the process of restoring an AMI H. The cabinet must be repainted.

My current idea is to use car paint and car clearcoat and apply the
clearcoat with a roller or something. I don't how how the car color will
react with the original color. Or with wood, for that matter.

How do you make it look as close to original as possible? It looks like they
used the brown-black paint as base and then clearcoat with gold foil pieces
in them. But how did they apply it to make that finish? Any tips welcome!
: )

Best regards, Jonas